PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Denise82
05-03-14, 22:24
Hello, I've just joined so thought I would tell u about myself. I was diagnosed with postnatal depression and GAD in January 2013. I had a daughter under a year so was classed as postnatal depression but it was more low mood due to anxiety. I couldn't cope with my 3 children, hated being alone and also had a bank problem where my back would go into spasm. I was on citalopram for a year and also had diazepam as the first two weeks on meds I hit rock bottom. Had to stop breast feeding which I really struggled with. Was on 20mg citalopram for 7 months then upped to 30mg didn't help, upped to 40mg over Christmas. By January decided wasn't helping anymore, so changed to sertraline 50mg. Had cbt but had to find my own ways to cope as had a long wait. Seen two different counsellors and they are both lovely but I don't fit in one of their boxes so not really helping. Have bad days and good days but have decided to try coming off meds to see how I get on as been feeling very sick and lots of headaches. Looking for support during this time from people who understand and hopefully I can support others too.

Moley
06-03-14, 16:40
Hello and :welcome:

There is so much help and support here so hope you find what your looking for

ray52
06-03-14, 18:26
Hi Denise
I hope this works for you there is always support here and it help me loads . Wishing you the best

SarahH
06-03-14, 18:40
:welcome:

Mark13
07-03-14, 18:29
Hi Denise. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.