PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pains

mummyanxious
06-03-14, 06:58
Hugely Stressful day yesterday and in the evening when I was trying to relax got about half a dozen sharp pains in my heart. Really freaked me out. It felt like someone had put a knife through my heart. It was a brief couple of seconds at very most but enough to scare me.
Has anyone else had this?
Any time I've mentioned it to the dr in the past they've said muscular but its definitely my heart where these pains are, it's deep in my left breast.
Will mention it yet again when I'm at the dr tomorrow as I'm really worried about the damage stress has done to my heart.
Just wondered if anyone else had had it and what they'd been told.

Phuzella
06-03-14, 07:21
I've had pains like that over the years, I think they were actually in the breast itself, maybe hormonal. When I was at my thinnest, I could actually see my heart beating and it was more towards the middle of my chest.
Mention it to the doc tomorrow and keep up with your meditating today, carry on as normal, I'm sure you'll be fine:)

mummyanxious
06-03-14, 16:03
Thank you for your reply.
I'm pretty sure they're deeper than breast, like internal.
I've had loads of random pains and aching and heaviness in my chest today. I'm really worried and have a dr app tomorrow. Just hope it's all ok and they listen to me. I've been feeling lightheaded as well and very tired :(

Worriedwellornot
06-03-14, 18:18
Hi I get these pains when I'm stressed (which I am now) and I was getting them yesterday. Over the years I've had all sorts of tests which have come back negative so I have to accept it's all connected to my HA. Hope your test goes well x

SarahH
06-03-14, 18:47
Mummy I'm sure it will be fine.... If you think about it the heart is one big muscle....I remember when a psychiatrist gave Mt a big dose of Valium last year when I went into hospital I had similar sharp pains. They told me it was where my heart was relaxing.

Good luck tomorrow
Sarah

katielou80
06-03-14, 18:51
if you did google this, it clearly says, heart pains are tightening and pressure, NOT stabbing or shooting. honest x

mummyanxious
06-03-14, 19:19
I've had tightening and pressure as well as even then I get told its nothing.
The thing that worries me is that way back when this all began I had ectopic beats. Looking back yes that's all they were. I was scared by them like everyone is and blew them up in my mind and worried about them.
But the pains and things I get these days could be described much more like what heart pain is and I'm worried that all the worrying over my heart has actually given me a heart problem :(

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

What are your pains like worried?

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Thank you everyone x

Worriedwellornot
06-03-14, 19:30
Mine are like are very sharp stabbing pains in the location of my heart. They were so bad about 6 months ago I ended up in A & E on an ECG. My anxiety was through the roof. All the tests were ok and I was dx with acid reflux. Now waiting for endoscopy. The pains were very real and I suffered from ectopic beats x

mummyanxious
06-03-14, 19:45
Frustrating isn't it. I kept saying when I had them before they were coming from my heart, like a painful ectopic but the dr wouldn't believe me.
I've got so many different pains going on in there I'm loosing the will with it.

Worriedwellornot
06-03-14, 20:09
Mummy I know what you mean. Mine were worse when I focused on the pains. Now my HA has moved on to other areas I'm not focusing on them as much x

Fishmanpa
06-03-14, 20:35
Mummy,

Here's the thing. Anxiety related chest pain mimic real heart issues. I just went through it so I know first hand how both feel. I will say in my case, my heart attacks hurt WAY worse than the anxiety related pain. I went to the hospital based on my history. You've been checked and tested by medical professionals and it's not your heart. Now, if you could only believe it.....

Positive thoughts