PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer worry

Relentlessoh
06-03-14, 10:57
Hello everyone , just recently did the concern of cancer even strike my mind. I had previously seen a mole on my left shoulder but thought nothing of it. It wasnt until last night it dwelled on me thAt maybe thats why i have a swollen lymph node and stiff neck sensation. I scared i should have had it checked out sooner

SarahH
06-03-14, 14:06
Welcome to NMP.

If its a strange mole get it checked then you wont have to worry. Most are fine and normal.

Sarah

Jonesle
06-03-14, 18:06
Don't dwell on it and don't google !!!! If you take one piece of advice from me it's don't google. I've read it all and it's all horrendous and I wish I could unread it all. If you're worried see you're gp who can reassure you x

Masqued
12-03-14, 11:23
This has been my worry for a year after discovering a mole behond my ear had flakey skin on it. I checked every mole and found something I didnt like in every mole. I convinced myself the worst news possible but dragged myself to a doctor after months of worrying.
Turns out all my moles in every shape, size and colour were normal. I left the doctors relieved but then started second guessing his opinion and saw another doctor. Turned out again they were all normal. A year later I am trying to break out of an OCD that involves complete skin checks everyday and going through litres of sunscreen to avoid something I cant ultimately control.

moral to the story.....if you dont like it, get it checked and stop worrying. It's not worth your energy worrying....