PDA

View Full Version : Brain zaps/DR possibly muscular?

ankietyjoe
06-03-14, 12:47
After a recent bout of bronchitis/pneumonia that left me pretty much immobile for a month, anxiety and depression predictably reared its ugly head again.

I'm coping with that for the most part and slowly getting myself back on my feet.

One things that's annoying me is that I have a massive case of muscle tension accross the shoulders and up the neck.

IT also feels like the back of my eyeballs are aching. Sometimes when I turn my head it feels like my eyeballs vibrate for a split second which I think I'm perceiving as brain zaps. I'm also experiencing DR and fog most of the day.

The funny thing is that if I lay down, it seems to diminish greatly, which leads me to think it might be huge muscle tension from a month of immobility.

Have any of you had any similar experiences?

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 13:24
I have pretty bad muscle tension from my TMJD, so much so that my ears get problems. But like you mentioned, i lie down and it seems to disappear.

I like to have a warm bath with some Epsom salts in, then I do progressive muscle relaxation and it helps a lot :)

ankietyjoe
06-03-14, 14:56
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have really bad tinitus right now as well.

Thing is I've pretty much beaten panic attacks, which is not to say I don't get anxiety any more. This feels like a purely physical phenomenon though which I guess is exasperating anxiety like symptoms as well.

It's difficult to differentiate one from the other sometimes :doh:

meche
06-03-14, 15:28
Hi Joe - yep! I'm with you 100%. I have aches and pains everywhere, stiff vision, ringing ears and a mild ear throb. I hadn't thought about it until yourself and LunaLiuna mentioned it but yes, when I lie down I feel almost normal (whatever that is). Hmmm - strange things happening all round :huh:!!! xx

ankietyjoe
06-03-14, 15:55
Unhooray for 'recovery' :yesyes: