PDA

View Full Version : Bad news on the TV..

Deckardblues
06-03-14, 15:06
Hi, well i try and avoid the TV, and any form of news, but then i caught wind of the whole Ukraine business, and i felt sad again. I have known people from a lot of different nationalities. Most people just want to get on, raise families, and try and enjoy life, but there is always those in power that just make things difficult, and it brings people like myself down..sighs.. I wish i hadnt seen that news article. I was doing well, the medication was kicking in, but now i have gone back five steps. I started drinking again today, just to numb me for a while, and the suicide thoughts come back. Just feel stupid, that something like that could affect me..

Marty_67
07-03-14, 07:24
Hi Deck.

I really worry about the news too. I have to tell myself that this is something I cannot make better and leave it up to the world leaders to resolve. I am really into cars and one of my ongoing worries is petrol prices as I don't want anything to stop me driving. But again, I am powerless to do anything just a ripped off consumer paying more and more. Then there are the heating bills...the list is endless.

What I am trying to say is that what I cannot change, I try not to worry about too much. Deck, the situation in Ukraine is not your fault. What it does show is that you are a sensitive and caring human being. That's not a bad thing at all :)

The trouble is there is so much bad stuff going on in this world and we have very little or even no influence on any of it. I found a song by LeAnn Rimes called 'What I Cannot Change' and it really helped me get thru some of this.

We don't have magic wands to make everything better but we can do things like be nice and to respect the people around us. You could let someone on the bus instead of you first. You could hold the door open for someone. You could let someone out of a busy junction. You could take a bag of donuts to work. These are things you can control and you will feel a better person for it.

Hope that helps mate and makes you feel better.

Look after yourself.

venusbluejeans
07-03-14, 09:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.