PDA

View Full Version : Lightheadedness and dizziness

Sam100322
06-03-14, 17:10
Hi all I was just wondering if there are any techniques in coping with this or for making it go away sometimes it's so bad I have to sit down its awful. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

ankietyjoe
06-03-14, 17:15
For me it's generally muscular.

What I've found is that if I deliberately bring on a dizzy spell it stops it happening so much at other times. I usually sit down on a chair, close my eyes and push my chin onto my chest. This normally makes me feel very dizzy, but it passes after a few seconds.

The other trick is to just not respond to it. It's not easy as dizziness can be very unpleasant, but it's not being caused by anything sinister so you just get on with whatever you were doing.

Sam100322
06-03-14, 17:28
Thanks for the reply ill give it ago, it's a very unpleasant feeling I guess the more I dwell on it the more it's going to linger.

Charlotteee89
07-03-14, 01:57
Ohhhh my gosh dizziness/lightheadedness is the one anxiety symptom that really debilitates me!

Generally it's brought on by my own self - overthinking! But of of course once it kicks in you start panicking over feeling dizzy so it just goes round in a circle.

My lightheadedness can easily start a panic attack - takes a lot of mental will power to stop it.

What I try to do is 'override' my mind so to speak... Positive thinking rather than negative thinking. Also, take deep breathes & drink plenty of water just in case I'm dehydrated which would make it worse. I actually find mine gets worse when I sit down - I think it's because I end up concentrating on it, walking around, doing something seems to ease it quite a lot for me. Basically just doing whatever I can to not focus on it.

:)