PDA

View Full Version : Realy panicing!!!!!!!fast pulse realy freaked out

James1983
06-03-14, 18:25
Im so scared right now, i am at work and im freaking out inside. i have a fast pulse and it is realy scaring me. it has been quite warm today and work is stuffy. i have had panic disorder for 4 years but i have not had an attack this bad for ages i have had to go out for a walk to try and calm myself down. i know im being silly but it has scared me. I am trying to come off sertraline at the moment and that might have a bearing on how i feel. i have not posted for ages but i am back sorry:weep:

ankietyjoe
06-03-14, 18:42
Chill brutha, it'll pass.

I can't really comment on the effects of coming of medication as it's not something I've ever had to cope with, but I suspect it's probably a very big part of what you're experiencing right now.

Just try and recall the times you've had bad attacks before and remember that they always pass, as this one will. :)

James1983
06-03-14, 19:12
Chill brutha, it'll pass.

I can't really comment on the effects of coming of medication as it's not something I've ever had to cope with, but I suspect it's probably a very big part of what you're experiencing right now.

Just try and recall the times you've had bad attacks before and remember that they always pass, as this one will. :)

thanks for that it was good advice i am feeling a bit better now. pulse has slowed a bit. :)

Round in circles
10-03-14, 00:56
I'm glad you're feeling better :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
10-03-14, 01:04
Also, mindfulness breathing will activate your parasympathetic nervous system, and that will help slow your pulse too. Good ol' adrenaline pumping through. Good job, friend, on getting calmed down.