PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re cardio workouts

LF87
06-03-14, 19:13
Hi,

I've just been out on a bike ride, and man it was hard! I wasn't expecting the wind tonight so I was having to work a lot harder to push through it.
Anyway, I've been home an hour, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether it's normal to have a burning sensation in your chest for a while after? It's not intense or anything, but my body knows it's been working.
I'm pretty unfit at the moment out of fear of 'overdoing it',but I've been back at the gym and want to keep going. Just wanted to ask if anyone else finds it hard to settle after an intense workout?
Thanks x

saab
06-03-14, 21:40
I think that's normal, just a sign that your lungs have bern working hard. Well done. I am really unfit and wouldn't last 5 mins on a bike.

beauty
06-03-14, 23:38
Yeah I've had the this after running outside, usually when it is cold and windy more so. I'm not sure how cold it is where you are but it may have been the cold of the wind just making your lungs slightly sore, but certainly nothing to worry about.

RVP
07-03-14, 00:41
I get all types of symptoms when I finish cycling :P
I think it's normal to get a hot sensation in your chest, especially with this cold weather, and cycling just adds to that.
I always cough too, for a couple of hours after my cycle especially if I haven't cycled for a while.
should go away after a nice hot shower after your body has regained proper temperature

LF87
07-03-14, 00:45
Thanks for these replies! Yeah it's cold where I am, was very windy too!
I coughed for a while too actually. I thought oh no what's this, but it went away after half an hour or so.
Thankyou :) x

MyNameIsTerry
07-03-14, 01:16
Yes, its a normal response to exercises your heart & lungs. It will pass.

Its really good for you because by working harder, you will increase your cardio ability over time and those same organs are able to take more.

If its cold, it could possibly increase it with moving between temperatures (outside vs inside).

Its like the difference between sprinting a short distance and jogging a further one. The sprinting is scientifically proven ti work you harder and give greater benefits to heart and lungs.

Ths funny thing is that exercise mimics some of the anxiety symptoms since its increasing your adrenalin and burning it off. Its just that we notice it now since we are on alert for things.

LF87
07-03-14, 01:37
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for, push myself a little harder each time and hopefully start feeling the difference.

Thankyou :) x