PDA

View Full Version : Return of Mr Dragon

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 19:42
Hello everyone,

So he's returned, he's returned and he is very hungry. He's convinced me that I have alkalosis,celiac disease, MS and the returning fear from before, a BT.

Basically lately the only bothering physical symptoms I've had are ear fullness, upper body tension and a relatively constant dull temple ache, I definitely have jaw problems so this is most likely where those three symptoms are from, i've also felt a little nauseous every now and again (my brothers ill at the moment so chances are I could be developing that)

The most worrying though are the mental problems, again I'm up for putting the blame on my medication, but it's bothering me. I find it hard to think of words sometimes but I can come up with them eventually, I also have to reread a lot of what I write as it feels like it doesn't always make sense. My short term memory is also pretty shakey. It's like depersonalisation but it just generally feels different, it's a bit distressing.

It's like I'm not properly here, or able to engage properly.

Can anyone help rationalise? I'm pretty dissapointed to write this.

Althea
06-03-14, 20:25
Ah, Luna, I'm sorry; I know you've been enjoying feeling better. It sounds like you've got a good perspective on the symptoms, at least.

Organisms thrive on habits, and anxiety is a hard one to break. This may be a little backslide, but still sounds like you've still gained a lot, even if it's hard for you to feel that today. It's a journey on the sea--sometimes you go up and sometimes you go down, but you're still getting there.

I like your new avatar! Who is that getting cuddled?

Phuzella
06-03-14, 20:30
But think of how many good days you've had lately, and looking forward to doing new things.
The nausea thing? I always feel nauseous if anyone around me has a tummy bug etc, psychological I think.
I've had a panic attack most days this week after none for a while, I'm writing these off as aftershocks, takes a while for the adrenaline to settle I reckon.
Don't worry, you're doing fine:)

MrAndy
06-03-14, 20:32
Tell it to quite simply sod off :hugs:

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 20:36
Ah, Luna, I'm sorry; I know you've been enjoying feeling better. It sounds like you've got a good perspective on the symptoms, at least.

Organisms thrive on habits, and anxiety is a hard one to break. This may be a little backslide, but still sounds like you've still gained a lot, even if it's hard for you to feel that today. It's a journey on the sea--sometimes you go up and sometimes you go down, but you're still getting there.

I like your new avatar! Who is that getting cuddled?

Thank you Althea, I mentioned this too my psychiatrist last week, but it's changed since then so I will have to talk to him about it again on Monday.

A pheasant is getting cuddled in my picture :D

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

But think of how many good days you've had lately, and looking forward to doing new things.
The nausea thing? I always feel nauseous if anyone around me has a tummy bug etc, psychological I think.
I've had a panic attack most days this week after none for a while, I'm writing these off as aftershocks, takes a while for the adrenaline to settle I reckon.
Don't worry, you're doing fine:)

Thank you Phuzzy (your new name)

I guess I've been tricked! :doh:

it's just the mental problems that are slightly worrying..

Fishmanpa
06-03-14, 20:37
You need more wood grubs ;)

Positive thoughts

Althea
06-03-14, 20:38
Ha! I thought it was a cat, but wow, really not :D.

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 20:40
Tell it to quite simply sod off :hugs:

Thanks MrAndy, when i do that though it fights back, I'll just wait for it too leave which should be soon as a dragon doesn't like to shout at himself :)

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

You need more wood grubs ;)

Positive thoughts

Hahaha, oh dear, thanks for that Fishmanpa!

mgw
06-03-14, 20:40
Hi luna, as you know I haven't had experience with medication before, so can't fix your worries on this causing your mental problems. But I'd just like to share that I had a counselling session recently where we talked about exactly these problems. I have literally no short term memory any more! I keep doing irrational things like putting objects in the bin that really shouldn't be there! I also feel detached from everything, it feels like everything I say isn't right and doesn't make sense and it could just be nonsense etc.. My counsellor told me this is all todo with adrenaline caused by stress and nothing at all to worry about it will go away. Stay positive xx

Phuzella
06-03-14, 20:44
Yup Phuzzy is good :)

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 20:46
Hi luna, as you know I haven't had experience with medication before, so can't fix your worries on this causing your mental problems. But I'd just like to share that I had a counselling session recently where we talked about exactly these problems. I have literally no short term memory any more! I keep doing irrational things like putting objects in the bin that really shouldn't be there! I also feel detached from everything, it feels like everything I say isn't right and doesn't make sense and it could just be nonsense etc.. My counsellor told me this is all todo with adrenaline caused by stress and nothing at all to worry about it will go away. Stay positive xx

Oh thank you for that mgw :D

I guess it's just my anxiety manifesting itself in a new way!

cut_out_stars
06-03-14, 20:56
Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling too great right now. You're doing so well already, rationalising your symptoms.. Kick that dragons ass, you can do it! I'm not on meds but I'd like to mirror what mgw has said about stress and anxiety causing memory fuzziness (I'm having it a little myself at the moment) and I know for sure once you can kick that dragons ass you'll stop feeling this :)

LunaLiuna
06-03-14, 21:04
Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling too great right now. You're doing so well already, rationalising your symptoms.. Kick that dragons ass, you can do it! I'm not on meds but I'd like to mirror what mgw has said about stress and anxiety causing memory fuzziness (I'm having it a little myself at the moment) and I know for sure once you can kick that dragons ass you'll stop feeling this :)

Thank you cut_out_stars,

I guess i just need to sharpen up mentally again, It makes sense that my normal thinking may be a little rusty as I've been really anxious over the last couple of months and worrying constantly :)

RoseEve
06-03-14, 23:08
Hi luna I know how hard it is when you are feeling better for a while then it comes back. Sometimes your medication may need to be adjusted. Thankfully I find each time I slide back I don't go as far back as I used to. I am able to get over it faster. :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
06-03-14, 23:22
Luna sorry to hear your dragon has come back for a visit ,dont let him in you can fight him stay strong and positive ,I know you can do it kick that dragon into touch once and for all xx :D

MyNameIsTerry
07-03-14, 00:48
I dont know if this is any help but I had issues with tightness of my jaw, more headaches than normal, ear ache at times, problems with my teeth and vums, etc. It was mostly on one side. Sometimes it was manageable and other times it could be difficult and got me down. I had it for months so I was concerned something could be wrong.

I had a dental check up coming up so waiting for that (a difficult thing to go to alone). The dentist saw so issues and was xraying all patients at the time to update their records which was very useful as it showed no issues. He found evidence of jaw grinding which showed in my teeth. I wasn't grinding to my knowledge but it was worse in the mornings. It turned out I was doing it in my sleep and the jaw muscles were inflamed.

He gave me some exercises to do which reduced the issue. In the end, it passed after about 6 months and only paracetemol before bedtime dealt with it. He wanted me to fork out hundreds on a retainer thing for nighttime but they largely dont work, are difficult to use and there have been later cases of bite abnormality so I thought, last resort really.

My GP was uselesd and just said its what people with my issues can develop,but no advice lime my dentist had given. Pointless asking really, it was only asked during a checkup anyway.

My anxiety had caused these physical issues, so is it possible it could be the same for you? If so, you can deal with it.

All the best.

T

Tanner40
07-03-14, 01:09
Luna, youmknow thatbthis is a minor blip. Thinking about it too much will only feed that dragon and make him bigger and stronger. Imagine that the dragon is there but that you have locked him in the trunk of the car. Your mind and your body are in the drivers seat. Now how much trouble can that dragon cause from back there. Ignore him and don't give him the attention that he thrives on. You're going to be just fine.

LunaLiuna
07-03-14, 10:12
I dont know if this is any help but I had issues with tightness of my jaw, more headaches than normal, ear ache at times, problems with my teeth and vums, etc. It was mostly on one side. Sometimes it was manageable and other times it could be difficult and got me down. I had it for months so I was concerned something could be wrong.

I had a dental check up coming up so waiting for that (a difficult thing to go to alone). The dentist saw so issues and was xraying all patients at the time to update their records which was very useful as it showed no issues. He found evidence of jaw grinding which showed in my teeth. I wasn't grinding to my knowledge but it was worse in the mornings. It turned out I was doing it in my sleep and the jaw muscles were inflamed.

He gave me some exercises to do which reduced the issue. In the end, it passed after about 6 months and only paracetemol before bedtime dealt with it. He wanted me to fork out hundreds on a retainer thing for nighttime but they largely dont work, are difficult to use and there have been later cases of bite abnormality so I thought, last resort really.

My GP was uselesd and just said its what people with my issues can develop,but no advice lime my dentist had given. Pointless asking really, it was only asked during a checkup anyway.

My anxiety had caused these physical issues, so is it possible it could be the same for you? If so, you can deal with it.

All the best.

T

Thank you Terry,

Yes I do have jaw problems already, I have a mouth guard that the dentist gave me but I've had no other treatment.

It's great to see yours has got better though :)

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:17
You're up early little Buddha :D

LunaLiuna
07-03-14, 10:19
Thank you Tanner, STRESS and Rose!

I'm using this little blip as a springboard to launch me into new things today, I've even woke up extra early and thankfully the suns out.

I hope everyone has an amazing day :D

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

You're up early little Buddha :D

Indeed I am Phuzzy :D

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:24
Get out taking photos today, hopefully it'll be a nice day, not too rainy lol

LunaLiuna
07-03-14, 10:30
Get out taking photos today, hopefully it'll be a nice day, not too rainy lol

It is a very nice day, I haven't got out of bed yet but the suns saying hello through my window haha, I'm going to try some yoga which I haven't done in a while then I'll probably go out for a walk somewhere, I may try and draw something aswell whilst out :)

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:37
Cool, well have a super day, I'm cleaning my windows ugh:mad:lol

LunaLiuna
07-03-14, 10:51
Cool, well have a super day, I'm cleaning my windows ugh:mad:lol

Ooo well I'm sure they won't take that long, why not do something after? :)

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:55
I may go for a walk by the river if the weather's OK, and take some photos:)

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-03-14, 02:00
How has your day been, Luna?

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 10:10
I had a headache all day yesterday, but it seems to have gone today, thankfully. I shouldn't really speak to soon though..

I did really well to not panic to be honest, as I had the thoughts of moving back into a room with another family member.

katesa
08-03-14, 17:28
Hey luna,

I didn't get to see speak to you much before going offline for a while but you always seemed just a lovely, positive, helpful and basically awesome presence so I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time.

Hang on in there and keep talking those photos. Creativity eases much I find

MRS STRESS ED
08-03-14, 17:37
Hows your day been Luna hope your well xx

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-03-14, 17:38
Luna, may I ask what exactly are the issues that have you wanting to move back in with your brother?

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 17:52
Thank you, Kate, STRESS & TMT

I think I was slightly blinded by fear when writing about going back into the room with him, I guess it was just that thought that I could be living a lie.. The headaches disappearance today has shown that perhaps I was being irrational.

I've also regained some intelligence from somewhere so that's another positive, along with the sun shining, today has been great.

Also I've just bought two new books so that should bring me some occupation over the next couple of days. Then on Tuesday it's my Birthday :D

I hope your all having a lovely day :hugs:

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-03-14, 17:59
Oh, a birthday coming up! That is exciting! What is the new age you are approaching?

I think you are just riding out the tides coming in and out of the Sert increase. It has only been a few weeks, right? Under a month? I am very, very excited to see a few more months pass and then see how you are doing. You have a bright future in front of you, my dear friend!

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 18:33
The tender age of 17 TooMuch, I feel about 50 mentally and physically though :roflmao:

Yes, I've been on this dose for around about a month now, it's great too see you posting again, we've all missed you! I'm going to head out for a jog now, hopefully I can catch the sunset :)

Phuzella
08-03-14, 19:22
17? I can just about remember when I was 17, way back in the Victoria era:roflmao:

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 20:24
Well that makes you pretty old to say the least!

On my run just then something clicked (mentally) I don't know what, but I felt the least anxious I've felt in a long time :)

Phuzella
08-03-14, 20:28
Splendid:)

anxious_thoughts
08-03-14, 20:52
Hey! I'm very sorry to hear that the dragon has returned but I really hope you are having a better day today.

Think about how long you have gone without it acting up, if it were to be something sinister it wouldn't be on and off x

Take care :)

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 21:23
Hey! I'm very sorry to hear that the dragon has returned but I really hope you are having a better day today.

Think about how long you have gone without it acting up, if it were to be something sinister it wouldn't be on and off x

Take care :)

Thank you Jenn, I'm felling better today so I'm sure it was nothing :)

I hope your okay!