PDA

View Full Version : Need some help right now!!

ady1779
06-03-14, 21:21
Hello all! Need some encouragement or similar stories right now!! I went to the ER because I thought I had a problem with my appendix, I didn't. However they saw a 10mm nodule on my lower lobe of my lung, right above my liver, in the CT scan. They scheduled me to come back in 3 months for a re-scan. To say I am not freaking out is an understatement to say the least! I have already given myself a cancer diagnosis and everything scary that entails.

My doctor saw me today and said not to lose sleep over this, that my blood work was perfectly normal and my cell count was normal as well. He said that is good because it indicates no lymphoma. He also said it is common in my state to see nodules on the lung and most people have them. But mine is not calcified and so they want a re-scan.

I'm so worried that its cancer and if we wait 3 months this thing will just quadruple in size and go from a treatable stage to stage 4! I am so upset by this and really don't know how to get thru the next 3 months. I'm 34 with two kids, the thought of lung cancer, or any cancer, is depressing and scary!!!

Thanks for listening!!

Frankie123
06-03-14, 21:30
I have not had this problem myself but for 23 years I have worked in a GP surgery. What I can tell you is this is often seen on x-rays and they always ask for a further x-ray in two to three months. I can tell you that if the hospital or your GP thought it was a cancer they would have asked for you to be seen under the two week rule. The fact that they haven't tells me that they do not think it is a cancer. I hope you find this reassuring.

Fishmanpa
06-03-14, 21:41
My doctor saw me today and said not to lose sleep over this, that my blood work was perfectly normal and my cell count was normal as well. He said that is good because it indicates no lymphoma. He also said it is common in my state to see nodules on the lung and most people have them. But mine is not calcified and so they want a re-scan.

I would say that's pretty positive right there. But to a HA sufferer, telling you not to lose sleep is like saying stay up for the next three months ;) If he felt there was really something seriously amiss, he would have scheduled additional tests immediately. I can tell you from experience, that my doctors jumped concerning my cancer. When I didn't respond to standard treatments for symptoms they were all over it.

Positive thoughts

ady1779
07-03-14, 04:25
Thank you both! I am trying to be positive and let it just be what is for right now. I feel like I am failing miserable at it at this moment! Funny thing is, I was initially told it was a nodule on my liver and that those were common. I was not anxious about that, but when he said it was actually on my lower lobe of my lung, I just freaked with that! I'm reading into my doctor because I felt he was very subdued and short, which is not his personality. So I feel like he is more concerned than he is letting on, or holding back. I'm sure this is my anxiety. Thank you again I for your responses and taking the time! I am truly grateful and it does help to stem the anxiety!