PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

Keleach89
07-03-14, 05:16
So for a few weeks my fingers feel swollen at night after I lay down. They don't look much bigger so I think it's my joints. But as soon as I get up and sart moving again it's fine. I googled. Bad idea but it's saying cardiac failure and liver failure. Nothing small came up. I think I need to go to the emergency room!

ady1779
07-03-14, 05:23
This happens to me all the time! Especially if I have not drank enough water throughout the day! I have had a echo with Doppler, my HA centers on my heart mostly, and liver checked recently at yearly and both are fine. I would disregard the google search! Unless you are having many other more serious symptoms, which you would if you had cardiac or liver failure. Women retain water all the time and when we lay down or at the end of the day we can swell. Hope this helps you some!

MyNameIsTerry
07-03-14, 05:29
I would disregard the Google search, if you had either of those you would know about it as you would have far more urgent symptoms and pain.

I don't know what it could be, but I just wanted to to back up what ady says and say hang in there!

Keleach89
07-03-14, 05:40
Thanks so much. I'm sure it's nothing. I'm gonna schedule an appointment for the doctor and she will probably tell me to drink more water. I had to walk around for a little bit but I feel much better.

HalfJack
07-03-14, 06:08
Go to your Dr for sure :)
Remember that stress can cause a lot of odd but harmless health oddities, they don't often print that online!

anthrokid
07-03-14, 22:09
To me it just sounds like a bit of poor circulation which, as suggested, can be improved by drinking more water and being active. Don't google your symptoms, ever. Unfortunately when you google a symptom it will come up with EVERY POSSIBLE (and impossible) THING that MIGHT have that as a symptom even in the RAREST cases. If you had cardiac failure or liver failure you would have MANY other symptoms specific to those diseases as well. Check in with your GP as they'll be able to give you a definite cause for the swelling :)