PDA

View Full Version : Heart - fed up

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 09:48
So I just went to see the gp about my pelvic problems and mentioned about the chest pains I was getting as well. And she said long term stress and worry would damage my heart. She's arranging for an ECG but only because I pushed for it but that's not for two weeks. I'm so worried about it.
No one will send me for further testing despite me telling them about the squeezing crushing pain I had the other day when I got angry and shouted. I've got beautiful children I want to be here to see grow up but I know I won't be here :(

Phuzella
07-03-14, 09:51
Yes you will:)

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 09:56
Only bonus is my bp was really good 110/60

Phuzella
07-03-14, 09:59
There you go then, focus on that.

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 10:03
Ah if only I could.
I'm really worried about the damage to my heart from the anger and rage and stressful panic. I've been under stress for over two years. Yes at times it's gotten better and there have been periods where its been intense. But I'm scared to even get angry or shout now in case I have some sort of heart spasm again.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

I've been referred for a US scan for my pelvic pain but she didn't think it was anything serious.

skippy66
07-03-14, 10:12
Sounds like you need to take a holiday

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:15
My recent stress has lasted about 8 or 9 years, my heart is fine and I'm 56 years old. It caught up with me recently and the physical anxiety kicked in. About 3 months ago I got such severe palpitations and incredible pain in my left arm. So bad I marched into the doctors shouting "I'm having a heart attack please don't let me die" or words to that effect lol. EGG , blood pressure etc was all fine. Gradually I recognised it for what it was, anxiety. It's a very strong beast is anxiety :mad:
I was so livid at one point I smashed my phone and all the Christmas decorations. If ever I was going to have a heart attack it was then.
Good news about the pelvic pain then, another positive for you:)

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 10:26
Ah now that would be nice wouldn't it skippy :)

Oh gosh Phuzilla you sound like me. My rage isn't that bad these days but I have to admit I've broken something when I was having a bad patch (which I'm sure was hormone related).

My stress levels are reducing again now so I'm trying to be positive. Lots of ready Claire weekes and meditation relaxation and chamomile tea.

Phuzella
07-03-14, 10:29
You're doing all the right things, and maybe add a bit of exercise in there too :)

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 12:46
I'm trying I really am.

Just when I think I'm doing ok this damn pain in my chest starts up again. It's like an intense cramping in the left side if my chest. I feel it in my armpit so its on the far far left of my chest/side of my chest. The dr keeps dismissing it saying chest pain would be in the middle of the chest but whether it is heart or not its very painful and seriously getting me down now. It's ruining my quality of life. I feel like paying privately to see someone but I can't afford it.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Coupled with this is the very random dizziness I keep getting.
The dr just sits there and says 'I see you have a history if stress and anxiety'

Andrash
07-03-14, 17:03

You still haven't sold that bloody machine, have you? :)

And yes, you'll be there for your children and for your grandchildren too.

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 17:09
I haven't sold it its in a cupboard and I haven't used it. That reading was taken at my gp appointment

Vigilante
07-03-14, 18:54

teach me how yoda! :yesyes:

mummyanxious
08-03-14, 00:33
Hehehe I have no idea! All I can say is that you have to just not think about the fact it's being done. You have to loose the fear of it.
When I first had the drafted machine I was getting high readings and getting stressed at them being high so making it high.
But once I had a good reading I lost my fear. Plus if I'm feeling tense alternate nostril breathing (sounds weird but effective) works well.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

I also think the manual ones they use at the dr are more accurate than the automatic ones you can buy.

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-03-14, 00:44
Hey Mummy,
What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

mummyanxious
08-03-14, 13:19
Well to answer your question I have applied for some more counselling and started the online cbt. As well as relaxation and chamomile tea.

Today I am scared though. I was lifting some stuff downstairs, up and downstairs and putting stuff into car when I stopped and sat down my heart was really racing and my chest was really tight and I felt breathless. I'm really scared about having angina or something. I know I'm out of shape but I don't seem to have to do much to bring on these feelings. I'm still frightened now and just can't relax. The dr just shrugs it off whenever I've mentioned it before as muscular and being afraid but I really am scared to even tax my body slightly.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Now I've relaxed and the pains have stopped. But my hand is hurting and going into some sort of weird spasm.

claireypoo
08-03-14, 17:05
Hi Mummyanxious. I used to be scared about my heart too. It was my major obsession. But I kept being told it was fine. I wouldn't believe it. I had chest pains, palpitations, clammy feelings of doom. In the end, I asked my doctor if it was safe for me to do exercise (she laughed, checked me again- at my request- and said YES) so I bought a mountain bike and went nuts riding it to prove to myself that I was okay. I was. And I felt so much better after that. This was 2008.
I hope you have a good rest of the day x

mummyanxious
08-03-14, 20:11
I'm so pleased you got past your heart worried claireypoo. I wish I could. It's pretty much weighing on my mind 24/7. I've been gardening today and had loads of chest pains. My heart was beating fast. I was scared. I kept telling myself the pains were probably muscular but I just can't properly believe it.
Do you think sometimes you can read things (completely innocently, I wasn't googling) and your body reproduces the symptoms?