PDA

View Full Version : Cramp in fingers????

sgp64
26-11-06, 22:24
I often wake up with cramp in the little and ring fingers of both hands and sometimes up into my forearms. Theres not pins and needles and after I nove them around a bit it seems to go. Is this just some kind of tension from my anxiety? Does anybody else get this? My doc didn't really have an answer.

Sue K with 5
27-11-06, 01:06
Hi sean

Do you use the keyboard a lot ??? if so I think that could be part of your problem, I use the laptop for work all the time and I find i get the same problem at times.

Hope that helps

Sue

scknight

sgp64
27-11-06, 10:15
Thanks for the reply Sue and yes that could be it I guess. Maybe I'll try and lay off the computer for a while and see if it helps though it seems to come and go. I have noticed though that in my normal anxious state (!) I tend to clench my fingers up most of the time and have done for a while so maybe it's that as well? Oh well...beats my self diagnosis of some MAJOR NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEM:)

Sean

Piglet
27-11-06, 10:30
I get get cramp/numbness feelings here and there and often in my hands particularly if I get cold!!

I think anxiety sufferers get a lot of these sort of probs because we can hold ourselves so tensely sometimes, without even being aware of it. I find regular yoga stretches release some of this tension from the muscles!

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.