PDA

View Full Version : doi need citalopram

cartwheels
08-03-14, 08:50
only been on it 7 days started on 20mg and felt terrible so doctor told me to go on 10mg ,not to bad on these still get headchces etc. but i have also noticed bruising on my legs. this drug seems to have alot of downside to it. my life is not bad and its only stupid health phobia thats my bag. started to think maybe get a good health mot and some therapy might be my best route.

SarahH
08-03-14, 10:27
Well its up to you which route you take, but you could give the Citalopram a chance to work. It could be 2-3 weeks before you see a change. Don't be in too much of a hurry to up the dose if you are having side effects.... some people only need lower doses...... like me!

Gemlou78
08-03-14, 10:44
I agree with Sarah, im just over 3 weeks in and the side effects are definitely lessening now. Maybe arrange to get some therapy but while you are waiting stick to the 10mg and see how you go x

jmd
08-03-14, 14:39
Im 11 days in on 20mg..had a couple of mild headaches and a few anxious nights in the first week. But so far so good..all the very best :)

cartwheels
09-03-14, 18:43
thanks for the help, decided not to take any over the weekend ,and boy i feel anxious . i do feelas though im losing control. and i dont know why i have a good job ,house ,family etc. at work im mr silly always trying to makepeople laugh etc. but behind all that im mr insecuirty. is it becausei have not taken the cit over the weekend thatsmaking me like this? but i cant see how i have only been on it a week.

cheers

Marty_67
09-03-14, 19:48
thanks for the help, decided not to take any over the weekend ,and boy i feel anxious . i do feelas though im losing control. and i dont know why i have a good job ,house ,family etc. at work im mr silly always trying to makepeople laugh etc. but behind all that im mr insecuirty. is it becausei have not taken the cit over the weekend thatsmaking me like this? but i cant see how i have only been on it a week.

cheers

Hey CW, it is probably the cit you have already taken. You really need to keep going because it takes a while to kick in properly. It took me about ten weeks to really feel ok.

We sound very similar! I have a good, job, family, house etc and behind that all Mr. Insecurity just like you! Providing for a family is a big responsibility and with that comes pressure...it's funny that you use the phrase 'losing control'. That's how I felt. After lots of CBT and Cit and soul searching I realise that we are never in control of everything and nor do we need to be.

Just do the best you can mate, live for the moment and enjoy. Try to be a good parent and husband - do your best at work to provide for them. Cherish them and protect them but I'm sure if you talk to your wife, she is not expecting you to control and sort everything.

As time goes by CW you will realise that you are just putting more pressure on yourself. It will get easier...I am the happiest I have been for a long, long time.

Hope you had a good weekend chap.

cartwheels
10-03-14, 17:20
cheers marty, feel loads better today thanks buddy

Marty_67
10-03-14, 19:12
Pleasure mate! :)