PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cyst ??

maybrooke
08-03-14, 09:05
I keep getting a pain kind of a pulling strained muscle sensation mainly low right side of stomach which can go from under ribs to pelvis, only hurts when I move, or turn over in bed, has anybody had an ovarian cyst? If so what were your symptoms?

sarahsarah
08-03-14, 10:10
My symptoms were localised, intermittent stabbing pains in the ovary area. The pain wasn't alleviated by switching position. It was small but had twisted a bit, hence the pain. The docs said it was harmless but as it was causing me discomfort, they would remove it, but the cyst burst of its own accord before it could be removed, which I was very happy about! I didn't even know they could do that! I didn't feel it burst or have any repercussions from it. That was 7 years ago and I haven't had any further cysts, well, not painful ones anyway.

From what I read about it at the time, I think the symptoms vary a lot depending on where the cyst has manoeuvred itself to or if it's twisted. No harm in getting it checked out by your doc. Might be a pulled muscle or something. Hope this helps xx

maybrooke
08-03-14, 10:19
Thanks Sarah x x

sarahsarah
08-03-14, 10:21
I just added in some more information about it as you were replying xx

SarahH
08-03-14, 10:23
Ovarian cysts are normally called haemoragic cysts which come and go and are harmless. The pain is localised. Get it checked anyway for piece of mind.