PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted

PITITA
27-11-06, 03:04
I would like to know if this is normal. The last week I have been spending at least 11-12 hours every night to sleep, only to wake up exhausted ALL the time. My biggest problem is that when Im exhausted like this my anxiety goes over the roof and thats when my "scariest" symptoms happen to me, like thinking Im going crazy, because Im so zoned/spaced out. I get terrible dp....if thats dp, I feel completelt disconnected from my own body....not feeling next to it, top of it, under ...its just gone! I just feel like as if the house was on fire I wouldn't move because Im so not with it. Anyone gets like this please? Am very scared I will stay like this forever:( xxx

"If you magnify your imperfections and minimize your good points, you're guaranteed to feel inferior. But the problem isn't YOU its- its the crazy lenses you are wearing! " Feeling Good handbook

Sue K with 5
27-11-06, 03:59
Hi Pitita

DP does leave you feeling very spaced out and anxiety can leave you feeling totally exhausted.

I too can sleep 12 hours and feel worse, so it may be a good idea to try and set your alarm to wake you earlier say an max of 8 hours a night and then try and make yourself sleep for 1 hour during the day to break it up.

This way your body is having so rest time from the anxiety during the day.

Are you on medication ?? because this can also cause persistent exhausting symptoms

Dont worry these feelings are very normal of anxiety and panic

Hugs for now

sue
xxxxxxxxx

scknight

PITITA
29-11-06, 02:53
After some thinking I realized it does all make sense, but that does not stop me from being scared each time it happens :(

"If you magnify your imperfections and minimize your good points, you're guaranteed to feel inferior. But the problem isn't YOU its- its the crazy lenses you are wearing! " Feeling Good handbook

PanickyPolly
29-11-06, 14:21
Hi pitita

I get the same problem...no matter hwo much sleep I get I'm always tired and I can soooooooooo easily oversleep. Saturday night I slept for nearly 12 hours and THEN I had to force myself to get out of bed. That can then make me feel anxious or ratty.