PDA

View Full Version : Suffering?

Phuzella
08-03-14, 18:46
Hard to know where to put this but Success stories is a nice positive title lol.
OK, I personally cannot stand the word "suffer". For example "I suffer with HA, GAD, SA, or any other acronym based affliction.
To say one suffers from such things, in my humble opinion, reinforces the negative. Panic attacks and all the other unpleasant things associated with "nerves" are no picnic, I have actually experienced them all in my time, but I consider them to be a part of my sensitive and deep thinking nature.
I may be talking out of my bottom here but hey I'm a wobbler and I'd rather be that than someone with no feelings or empathy. :shades:

LunaLiuna
08-03-14, 19:04
I agree with this Phuzzy! saying you suffer with something makes it sound like it's in control of you and that it's something separate. Rather than coming from a more beneficial standpoint and drawing the positives from the situation, accepting and using it to refine yourself.

Your definitely not talking out of your bottom, unless well, I'm talking out of mine too! :roflmao:

Phuzella
08-03-14, 19:18
:D. I absolutely agree. You have to accept the situation and refine yourself. Nice way of putting it:). We get only one shot at this life of ours so find the positives, even when in the grip of a wobble :wacko:

Round in circles
17-03-14, 02:05
You could also view it another way. Ie. "I suffer a great number of fools, but anxiety is not one of them".

Yay for playing with words.

HoneyLove
23-03-14, 09:31
I think you're on to something Phuzella! I also believe that this kind of language takes away the power from the person who has anxiety, it makes anxiety seem like something beyond our control. I use the word suffer a lot, but you've made me think about it and I'll try to stop, there are better ways I can put it :)

Phuzella
23-03-14, 18:56
:)

kennethman1
24-04-14, 21:53
i'm sick and tired of this anxiety crap, it is so annoying and is mentally draining, i don't know how long it's going to last for :p