PDA

View Full Version : CRAFT FORUM........

Pages : 1 [2]

Piglet
08-08-07, 16:49
Oh liking the sound of all your ideas you two - Mag someone sells felt flowers on ebay if you want to take a look and she charges about 4.95 for them.

Love Piglet :flowers:

mirry
26-11-07, 14:32
wow , how did this post end up here ,lol.

Strawberry I never did upload photos did i , (sorry have a brain like a sieve).
Did you ever make the liquorice jewelery ? If so I would love to know how for the school fair this year (next week).
I have made up some beaded watches for xmas presents this year,
although they cost £10 each to make. will try to upload photos hopefully i will remember to do it , lol.

strawberrie
27-11-07, 09:38
hi mirry, would be great to see your photos, i really need some crafting inspiration at the moment! i didnt make any licorice jewellery, maybe in the new year i'll get on and do a bit more. I've decided not to make xmas presents this year, it was taking up too much time and stressing me out, but i'm sure i'll do some stuff with the kids - make some decorations and wrapping paper and stuff. It's a shame they break up only just before xmas, it would be nice to spend a week making paper chains and covering everything with glitter!

i hope some people have some nice crafty ideas for us, i need to get inspired :)

mag xxx

Piglet
27-11-07, 12:17
I've decided not to make xmas presents this year, it was taking up too much time and stressing me out, but i'm sure i'll do some stuff with the kids - make some decorations and wrapping paper and stuff. It's a shame they break up only just before xmas, it would be nice to spend a week making paper chains and covering everything with glitter!

I've decided the same hun - I've just knitted myself some funky fur scarves (well it kept me busy when I was in London last month) but with all that's been going these past few weeks I'm not in the right frame of mind.

Hey but you lot I have decided after Xmas I am really going to get going with my painting again and try and start a little business. My sister has really encouraged me lately and says our Mum always wanted me to go in that direction. It's funny cos when that thread started with everyone showing their work/photographs it got me all fired up to give the art another crack - I just seem to keep getting gentle nudges in that direction so I am going to heed them.

I may want to be asking lots of questions and hopefully what you lot don't know I can find out and it may help us all in our individual creative pursuits.

mirry
27-11-07, 13:18
PIGLET , I did not expect you to reply to this post but so glad you did .
Thinking about it , I think throwing yourself into your painting is a great idea. My Husband is starting his own photography business (part time) , so maybe we can share idea's :yesyes: .As for the funky fur scarfs , I have knitted my daughter one recently , I mixed funcky fur with ordinary wool and it looks lovely and warm. When I went away in the summer , their was a lady who made lovely knitted handbags , they were cleverly done in ordinary balls of wool and finished off around the edge with funky wool. Then she made others that were strips of plain wool and furry wool. I absolutely loved them.

Strawberry , I love making paper chains ,lol . Always remind me of being a kid. As for ideas , mmmmmmmmmmm , how about making button earrings ?
I must get some photos uploaded soon.

oh I remember something i used to make many moons ago ,
I called them BUGS , they were those little glass nuggets that you can buy to place around candles . What i used to do was glue 2 little eyes on each glass nugget , then turn them upside down and glue on a jewellery crown (for the feet) . They looked great in different colours and the kids used to buy them at the school fete :yesyes: .

strawberrie
29-11-07, 09:37
hi guys :D . I think its a great idea starting up a painting business Piglet, it would really keep your mind focussed on something you enjoy doing. Have you got any ideas about how you're going to go about it yet?

mirry, my kids have got a couple of those bugs. the ones we've got have got a bit of gauzy stuff on them for wings, they are good little presents arent they!

i've not been feeling very creative lately, but yesterday i was looking for beds for my daughter who's finally moving on to a 'big girl's bed', and there's a lovely black wrought iron type day bed at ikea which she loved, and now i've had a complete explosion of ideas for how to decorate her room. i'm thinking pink (of course) with some sort of gothicy black accessories / furniture etc. as she was quite keen on a bit of a spooky look. Any (cheap) ideas chaps? i've also seen (in ikea of course :blush: ) some black stick-on flowers that i think would look fab going up a pink chimney breast - ooooh, i'm getting a bit carried away now, i'll be getting my flock out again! :shades:

happy crafting guys
mag xxx

mirry
29-11-07, 10:24
ooooooooo liking the theme for the bedroom :yesyes: ,
I will keep an eye open for any ideas that i see that may be usefull :winks: .

Yesturday my daughter announced she wants me to make her a lilac fluffy handbag , so I popped into the wool shop yesturday and got a fluffy ball of wool and a chunky ball of wool. Started knitting it whilst she is at school cos its gonna be for xmas, so far its lookign lovely . Hopefully this weekend i will get the photos on here (i wont forget :blush: ).

Piglet
29-11-07, 10:30
Oooh me too liking the pink bedroom with black here and there - gorge gorge gorge!!!!

I have just got off the phone to my sister from chatting about me starting to sell my artwork. Been chatting about websites and this that and the other.

I intend to get Xmas out the way and then spend the whole of Jan painting -during this time I will be looking into allsorts of ways of selling and getting my own website, exhibiting locally etc etc. So I will be needing your input in due course.

dawny
29-11-07, 11:29
mirry

brilliant thread yet again !!!!!!
im all fired up now, want to get started lol
but have to go to work.....urgh

i love cross stitch, ive been stitching for about 6 years, im not totally perfect at it, as i taught myself with the help of cross stitch magazines.

be warned its totally addictive !!!!!!

the clocks sound great !!!!!

love dawny x

mirry
29-11-07, 11:41
Hi Dawny , I have never done cross stitch :blush: ,

but a friend of mine does and its like a work of art :yesyes: .

I often see kits in the charity shop going cheap, I might just pick one up to try it out (if i know what to do) lol.

Ive got my sewing machine out now , to sew up the inside lining for this bag (nearly done ) and it looks lovely cos the wool wasnt cheap :mad: .

oh well thats nearly another pressy sorted :flowers:

mirry
29-11-07, 11:42
Piglet , maybe you could look for shops that will sell your art work ?

I know my doctors have local artists put up their photos in the waiting room, and they sell . (the gp practise take a cut) but still an idea maybe ?

Piglet
29-11-07, 13:11
That's a good idea Mirry hun - I may ask my doctor at some point cos he knows my circumstances in full anyway so I'm sure he'd be willing in principle.

Piglet :flowers:

dawny
29-11-07, 15:11
mirry

do try the cross stitch, if you can buy cross stitch world it comes out beg of the month.

i think it does a section for beginners, i picked up lots of tips there.
still cant do french knots though, can do accidental knots lol

i would love to do jewellry making like you do...but not sure where to get the beads ect and what to buy tp start off with, can you give me some tips

thanks mirry

dawny x

Jenny
29-11-07, 15:21
Hi,
We have just found out that we are going to be GRAND PARENTS (CAN,T WAIT) so I am knitting like mad. I have also started a needlepoint cushion.

Jenny F xxxxx

mirry
29-11-07, 18:34
oooooooooo how lovely jenny , when is baby due ?

Hope you have enough time ,lol.

sleepylea
11-12-07, 11:34
I REALLY need some help ( mirry, you sound like you could help!)... I may have brought a bit of a dodgy sewing machine... It only goes forwards, and will only go slow or slower. I can sew with a normal machine no worries, just wondering how I finish my seam with a one way machine? I am used to shoving it in reverse to lock the stitch, or doing the overlock thing... But now I am just stuck scratching my head. I need a solid finish cause its for a tight lampshade.

If anyone can help me with my dilema I would be SOOO greatful :yesyes: . I am starting my project tomorrow once my material has dried, I am worried I will end up with one loose seam, and me sat there scratching my head!!!!

If it goes well I will put a pic up of my finished lamp for all of you to ooh and ahh over lol. :D

Cheers all.

Lea
x

mirry
14-12-07, 11:01
hi lea , sorry just notised your post , since its been moved here i foget to look:blush: .

what sort of machine have you got ? maybe we could look online to see what it can or cant do ? Im not that good with machines but i think piglet may be if i remember right ?

Or have you sorted it all out now, cant wait to see the finished product .

The bag i made my daughter , i wrapped up for xmas without thinking of taking a photo , lol . so will take a snap after xmas day now :wacko: .

take care crafters xxx

sleepylea
14-12-07, 11:14
I managed to figure it out in the end, I just left long enough thread at the end to hand sew it tight. There was no way that baby was going backwards at all!!!

I do have a pic, but not all that sure of how to upload it (will check and pop it up here onceI know how!)... The lamp still has a few things I need to do to it, but it is more or less done and I was so pleased with myself!

Well done on the bag... And dont forget your camera on Christmas day!

mirry
15-12-07, 16:55
well done , cant wait to see it , you can upload it onto photo bucket , then onto here (thats how i do it).

My camera is ready and waiting ,lol.

take care

xxx

Marxy0101
08-03-08, 18:22
I've been looking at www.photo-print-on-canvas.com (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/www.photo-print-on-canvas.com)and they showed some of the best options for photo on canvas prints. Does anybody know if a pop art print is the best way to go for this type of effect?

pooh
10-04-08, 11:10
WOW! Helen you are ONE TALENTED lady!!!

Pooh xxxxx

Piglet
10-04-08, 13:10
Gosh Helen how very very clever and beautiful!!

mirry
11-04-08, 13:22
WOW HELEN :ohmy: , Do you take orders ?

It looks amazing , such talent :yesyes:

Piglet
13-04-08, 13:21
I don't think Nic would mind you putting your website on hun - she's all for supporting this type of stuff, it's more the blatent anxiety rip off people that arn't appropriate, trying to home in on vulnerable people that she wouldnt like.

We all like seeing each others talents mate. :yesyes:

Hope to see more of your work very soon.

Piglet
13-04-08, 14:36
I just had a very quick look and have added it to my favourites so I can spend longer later on.

Oh my goodness but you are clever - the images are so very beautiful.

I paint and I'm intending to get a collection together over the summer and then start my own website to sell them from, so sometime over the next few days will be wanting to pick your brains for some tips and advice if that's ok.

Lovely simply lovely.

mirry
28-06-08, 12:35
:flowers: Piglet did you get your web site up and running ?

Piglet
28-06-08, 13:01
Not yet love - too much other stuff going on but when I do I think I will come and ask you for advice cos yours is lovely!!!

Squibbet
10-08-08, 23:13
Hello, everyone :)

I'm new to NMP, so I've only just found this forum. And I just *love* doing craftwork! Back in the early 90's, I did the first year of C&G Embroidery, but Life occurred and I never actually did the end-of-year exam. I was hoping to go back and start it again, but once again Life has occurred - I'm now vision-impaired and can't work on anything too fine. For now, at least ... maybe just until I find a way round the problem! :)

What I can and do do now is mostly crochet, with a little knitting and some cross-stitch (I used to use 16 or 18-count Aida ... now it's 14-count with a magnifier!). Creating something is indeed very theraputic - I'm much worse between projects, and try and keep 2 or 3 things going at once so there's no break.

The bigger the project, the better ... while recovering from Radiotherapy, I got into blankets - granny squares, basically, but with differences - some pretty big squares, some smaller but the colours graded to produce rainbow effects, some hexagonal. Altogether, I think I did one double-bed size (for myself) and maybe 3 or 4 single-bed / throw size that I gave away, mostly to family members. The last one was fairly random, to use up all the oddments of wool, and that went to a local church appeal. Generally, it's the making that's important, not the final use. I just finished a double-bed size cover in fine cotton (no 10) made up of roses, rosebuds and scrolls that were joined together as you went, so there was no tedious sewing-up at the end :) I've decided to give that to my homeopath as she's been *so* good to me these past 6 years while I've been really ill.

I *am* a bit between projects atm now I've finished the cover, but I found a cross-stitch design of a dragon and castle that I made years ago on much finer Aida than the pattern suggested, and thought I'd try doing it on the 14-count as I can't now find the original. It's full of complicated shading - quite a challenge - so I'm copying the design to graph paper first (8 squares to the inch so I can see it clearly :blush: ) so I can cross out each batch of stitches I've done and so see where I've got to more easily.

I haven't been able to read through the entire Forum, so I don't know if anyone else indulges in anything like this or not ... but if you do, I'd love to hear back!

Piglet
11-08-08, 14:39
Hi ya squibbet,

I've only ever done big crosstitch in big bold woolly designs hun but what you're doing sounds really lovely.

I know exactly what you mean about being involved in a creative task helping you distract yourself constructively.:yesyes:

Squibbet
13-08-08, 12:27
Hi, Piglet :)

Tried Batik today for the first time, at the Mental Health Resource Centre I attend. Think I need more practice :blush:

Piglet
14-08-08, 12:02
Lol - all new techniques can produce 'interesting' results at first can't they!!!:blush: :yesyes:

Sounds like fun to me and something I've never tried.

Squibbet
16-08-08, 09:53
I signed up for the 'Craft as a Hobby' course at the Resource Centre ... it's run by the local college, so it only runs during term-time, and I joined it towards the end of last term. They were just starting Silk Painting - something else I'd never tried before - and I *really* enjoyed that! Everyone seemed to, so I'm hoping we'll do it again next term sometime.

But yes, my first attempt was 'interesting' :) By the third, I'd got it, more or less - the basics, anyway. Need to produce some designs of my own now rather than copying something out of a book, and try some of the tricks and frilly bits, like using salt to produce a mottled effect, and deliberately allowing colours to bleed into each other, etc.

And I simply *must* obtain a suitable table so I can do some at home!

Do you by any chance get the impression I'm keen? :winks:

Piglet
16-08-08, 17:27
Lol! :D

weeble40
18-10-08, 20:02
Ive been knitting some clowns lately, rather cute dont you think

Emma xxx

pinkpiglet
18-10-08, 21:16
I'm loving this thread!
I love arts and crafts although i wouldnt say i have any talent in this area. I started making scrap books when my little boy was born. I select my favourite photo's and stick them in a book with little captions typed underneath. I buy little stickers from craft shops or cut little pictures off birthday cards, magazines etc and stick them around the pictures. I also write little messages about things that he did or how he makes me feel. I think he will love looking through them when he gets bigger. It is also very theraputic & cheers me up when i'm feeling blue.

Piglet
18-10-08, 22:41
Ive been knitting some clowns lately, rather cute dont you think

Emma xxx

They are smashing!:yesyes:

Pebbles
26-10-08, 19:35
Iv just fisnished massive blanket all different squares knitted. Loved it so much am sad iv completed it cus now i wanna knit some more squares hehehhe. So am gonna englanrge it to give me smthing to do hahah. Also i like to make handmade cards and write poems xx:yesyes::hugs:

RobinW
10-02-09, 12:06
Hi, not wanting to stop anybody starting a craft forum here, I just thought I'd mention craftsforum on the web which has threads and advice for most crafts and is an excellent resource for advice.

marius
26-03-09, 10:19
I like tiny things. Been into pottery 4 a while. I don`t make large pots. On the contrary. U can see in the background a red lighter so u can figure the size of my pots.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3387342190_ea9780f2b7_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3387342214_752f0551b1.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/3386529823_55039201f8.jpg

looby1954
05-04-09, 23:07
Hi Mirry i'm into card making i enjoy doing decoupage, I find it relaxing can you tell me if you know any good decoupage sites plz many thanks Linda x

AliBlack
13-09-09, 12:39
I'm a scrapbooker and I also make Artist Trading cards, love collage, I like sewing too, I made a pink felt bird recently :)

Typer
06-12-09, 15:36
Hi yes I make cards and jewellery, gift boxes etc. I run a small arts and craft forum...just about 10 of us right now, but anyone is invited in fact we'd love some people to join and make it fun.

Crafts are very therapeutic. Anyone welcome:

(http://koolcraftsnarts.proboards.com/)

121149knitting
22-12-09, 21:39
Hi, I am always knitting...mainly for charity now I have lost my paid job. Have tried baby cardigans on e.bay but some start at hardly the coat of wool. I don't know how they do it unless the wool is given them. Sandrax

36star
22-12-09, 21:56
I turned my spare bedroom into a craft room. I do all sorts of papercrafting, altered art, cross stitch, knitting, crochet. Used to make jewellery, but had to sell alot of my stuff a couple of years ago.
If anyone wants to join a lovely craft forum, pm me and I will send you a link.

Typer
18-01-10, 12:37
I love crafting and belong a craft forum where we do swaps and stuff. Just about 8 of us right now but we would all love some more members and you are all more than welcome.

(http://koolcraftsnarts.proboards84.com/)

gypsywomen
18-01-10, 12:56
i d water colour this is my dog barneyhttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/y-y-09-9-9/ATT00008.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/y-y-09-9-9/?action=view&current=ATT00008.jpg)

Typer
18-01-10, 15:25
Aw love your doggy

gypsywomen
18-01-10, 16:00
Aw love your doggythank you i go to college for art i had to do something to take me away from this anxiety ,,and it does help plus meet nice people glad you like him ,,xx:D

Balinese
20-01-10, 09:32
I'm going to love this forum!

Arts and crafts really help me relax and calm down. Its a wonderful way to chill out :)

I like all sorts - card making, quilling, drwing and painting.

Am off to have a look around here! :)