PDA

View Full Version : Everyone says its a tension headache ... but I'm so confused!

TheLostSaga
09-03-14, 05:37
Okay, to preface I do have a lot of tension in my shoulders + neck and thats been going on for about a month or so now and I know that can give you headaches. And I have been getting headaches, but one in particular is really making me nervous.

Around my right temple/forehead (It's almost like where the skull curves on the forehead.) I get pain, it usually only lasts for a few seconds, than goes away - and comes back at random intervals. I've noticed that it tends to happen later in the day, usually after 6 or 7pm. The pain while mild (I would rate it about a 4/5 out of 10) is very noticeable.

I've read over and over again that tension headaches feel like a band over your head and last about 30 minutes. My headache only lasts a few seconds and is very localized ... so I'm worried it could be something more than a tension headache :(

Annie0904
09-03-14, 08:21
I get a lot of pain in the same area from my sinus. (they go over the top of your head). Have you spoken to a doctor about it?

claireypoo
09-03-14, 08:48
I'm not saying they are the same thing, obviously, but I used to get headaches like these, stabby pains in a localised area. I think mine were scalp muscle contractions. Really painful, but thankfully brief. After a few months of these, my head actually ended up being sore to touch, especially around my temples. A nice warm shower helped mine. The warm water relaxes the muscles and relieves tension. Also watch your shoulders, relax them if you start wearing them as earrings! X Have you tried any relaxation CD's? I have a good one on my Android phone. The app is called Excel at life and there are quite a few audios, meditation, mindfulness, relaxation. Might help? X

RoseEve
09-03-14, 11:34
I get the sinus pain to for me it's the upper sides of my head it's like someone is stabbing a knife in my skull. They call it ice pick headaches. I get headaches all the time. I have one right now.