PDA

View Full Version : really bad day :(

Rach29
09-03-14, 15:48
Hi everyone im having a really bad panicky day ive been doin well but the last few weeks ive been feeling myself slip back into old patterns focusing on breathing feeling like I cant breath worrying that im going to stop breathing I hate it its so scary then im taking deep breaths so I get a proper breath sick of it its exhausting, well I went out with workmates lastnught had a bit too much to drink and suffering bad with breathing anxiety today feel horrible just wish it would leave me alone really sick of it.:shrug:

Annie0904
09-03-14, 16:08
I don't drink for this reason. You seem to have recognised that drinking last night has made you worse so hopefully once it wears off your anxiety will lesson again. Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Rach29
09-03-14, 16:16
Thanks for the reply I had a feeling I would be like this but all week ive been adamant that im going have a drink and a good time which I did and wont let anxiety bother me oh well ill have to get on with it now wont I starting to feel a bit better now thanks :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
09-03-14, 16:17
Hey Rach,

I am so sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I, too, am experiencing some pretty rough turbulence.

Will let you know what I am doing to keep one foot in front of the other right now….
*Reading the positive posts and success stories on here. (Check out "Acceptance" by Fishmanpa, and many of Tanner40's recent posts.)
*Mindfulness and Breathing exercises (can be a bit uncomfortable for some that are over focusing on their breathing, but still beneficial)
*Distraction…..something funny, something that engages your mind elsewhere.
*Not being too hard on myself for the things I feel I am not getting done, and the roles I feel I am not fulfilling as I want to do.

And, Love, drinking is a bad, bad idea for those of us with panic. I know it can be hard to let it go in social settings, but it just isn't worth it. If you are going to drink…..A drink- at the most two (if they are a lower alcohol content drink) seems to be the best route from what I've read for those with anxiety and/or on SSRIs. However, alcohol in general is just a bad idea for those of us that area working so hard to feel better.

Rach29
09-03-14, 16:33
Very true ill just be more careful nxt time im out I usually am but got carried away lastnight, thanks for the advice ill try it.

beauty
09-03-14, 22:22
I feel for you with the breathing anxiety, I'm going through a bad phase of this at the moment. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat.

I agree that drinking does make it worse, even while I've it had anxiety I always noticed I found it hard to breathe after a night out (I do have asthma too which doesn't help) so hopefully you will feel slightly better tomorrow xx