PDA

View Full Version : Reverse SAD

GirlAfraid23
09-03-14, 16:38
I have been researching this and I think I may suffer from it...
I live in the South East and I know most of the UK today has high temperatures and sunshine.
Each time this sort of weather comes around, I feel sad and depressed. It's very difficult because everyone around me is loving it and doesn't understand why I would feel this way.
It's extremely hard to put into words but I think with anxiety, it's the big changes that effect me the most. Everyone seems to put on a "happy face" in the summer and want stand out...whereas during the autumn and winter, most people are feeling down themselves because of the weather and other factors so I can kind of blend in...if that makes any sense?
I enjoy dark evenings too.

Anyone else similar to this? I feel like a freak but I keep checking the weather ahead for the week in a panic, hoping it will be raining or colder...:(

Ryan92
09-03-14, 22:46
Hi, I know how you feel. I too get anxious about big changes with the weather and pretty much any change in my life. I suffer from GAD, when I last saw my therapist they suggested treatments for SAD but have not been diagnosed with SAD. Maybe you should talk to a GP or therapist about treatments for SAD ?, just a suggestion :) you can still suffer from SAD in warm/ bright weather. Last year the warm weather in the summer made me feel exactly how you felt today. I don't get out much and have social anxiety and OCD so when we had the heatwave last year it made me very irritable and frustrated :weep: it was making me feel uncomfortable at night and sweating all the time. I just hope this years summer is not as bad. I thought today was ok but if it continues into next week I'll definitely notice an increase in my anxiety :weep: but last winter I was getting down due to not getting out much and it been dark most of the time so I suppose maybe I don't suffer with SAD and maybe Im just moaning about the weather :wacko:
Its worth you checking for treatments for SAD in warmer weather :) good luck :D :blush:

GingerFish
10-03-14, 17:03
I feel the exact same way. In fact I was starting to think I was the only one who suffered from this version of SAD because you never hear about people feeling worse in the summer.

For me I think I hate this time of year because when its bright and sunny outside, more people tend to be outside and that makes my panics worse because ever since I developed panic attacks, I have a fear of crowds. I think the heat doesn't help too because you feel all clammy enough when you are having a panic. My fear of bees and wasps probably doesn't help either!