PDA

View Full Version : RSI

Tinker28
09-03-14, 17:15
Hi everyone!

It's been a really long time since I posted on here, I'm back! I wanted to know if anyone else has a repitive strain injury? Like tendinitis or carpal tunnel and if so do think that being on your iPad a lot could cause this? I use my iPad for everything. When I'm home I'm on it even at work I'm on it sometimes to. What do you think?

LunaLiuna
09-03-14, 17:27
I think it definitely can cause it as your always looking down etc.

I read an article not too long ago about mobile devices causing massive amounts of neck/muscle problems over in china so I don't see why some people can't get similar problems here in the west :)

Annie0904
09-03-14, 17:28
Yes it can cause it, texting on your phone a lot...anything like that can cause it.

Ekuva
14-11-21, 17:24
Hello Tinker 28, I know this thread is really old. But I am wondering how your RSI is doing. I’ve developed it in both my wrists from overusing my phone due to health anxiety about a different problem. It’s really stressing me out. Did you recover from yours?

Catkins
14-11-21, 21:37
Thought I'd answer from my point of view. I had a bad bout of it years ago (25ish, not sure, I think it was on the Sega megadrive), one Christmas I got the game Ecco the dolphin, I played for hours until one day all of a sudden I couldn't grip anything, I could barely use my hands at all because of the pain. It took time but with rest and supports it improved immensely. I sometimes get the odd twinge in my right wrist/hand. But thats more to do with my line of work and my age (54).

Catkins
14-11-21, 21:41
When I say I played for hours. The hours actually went on for weeks until my hands gave out.