PDA

View Full Version : The answer lies within yourself

venusbluejeans
09-03-14, 23:11
I wasn’t actually going to post this thread mainly because of two reasons.

1. The forum is (sadly) full of negative posts at the minute and positive posts seem to go ignored as people seem to concentrate on the negative aspects rather than looking at the positives hard to do but it is the only way you are going to move forward.

2. Every time I write a success thread I seem to shoot myself in the foot and have a blip soon afterwards!

After Speaking to someone though I realise that there was no reason for me not to share my successes, that they shouldn’t be hidden away, no matter how small they are and maybe if there were more success stories then people wouldn’t always assume that Anxiety and panic is a “death sentence” so to speak…… ok probably a bad analogy!

Anyway to my thread lol…….

Back in October 2013 I plummeted into a downward spiral of Anxiety and panic it was a very low time for me and one I felt I couldn’t get myself out of, my life completely ground to a halt. I spent my days in a Panic 24/7 and most of it in tears saying that I really couldn’t cope with it any more.

My panic and Anxiety stems back from something that happened while I was alone…… the loss of a loved one and the Monophobia came back with avengence, the what if something happened to a loved one while they were away from me… of course there was just as much chance of things happening (or not) if I was there or not…. It is the nature of Anxiety that our brains try to tell us things that just isn’t true and when we are anxious we believe those things
Many months passed and nothing seemed to change at all most days I couldn’t even leave the settee without a lot of effort, but I am very lucky to have a group of online friends and friends around me who would never give up on me….. I got shouted at, I was given sympathy and most of all I was given a HUGE kick up the backside.. a much needed one…… those people know who they are so thank you so much to each and every one of you xxxxxxx

Slowly life seemed to change, I seemed to see things differently partly due to the citalopram I was taking but the bigger thing was a change of attitude… why should I let this ruin my life again, I was bigger than the anxiety and I wasn’t about to let it win!!

I started to do more, go out more and even finished an online course that I had been doing, a big achievement, I again realised that if I was going to get myself out of it I was damn well gonna have to get off my arse and help myself….. no one else could make me better it had to come from within.

I got back into the car again and made myself drive, I could do it before without a problem so why couldn’t I now? The more I drove the more I realised that there was nothing to be scared of. That is the same with anything you need to prove to your brain that your thoughts are unfounded and that you can really do things.

Today made me think about how far I had come……. I was sat in the house completely alone and I really couldn’t care less, In fact I enjoyed it, the peace and quiet being able to watch what I wanted on the tv and have my music on as loud as I wanted :)

You need to challenge yourself, prove to yourself that anxiety is nothing to be afraid of, tell it to do its worst as it is just your brain playing tricks on you. You need to take on advice from people who have been there and done it, even if that means being told you are being stupid and being given what feels like a huge kick in the teeth. Trust what people are saying to you even though it may not be what you want to hear. But above all remember that the strength and the courage to beat anxiety has to come from inside you, you have to be able to change the way you think and NO ONE else can do that for you.

Emmz xx

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

TooMuchToLiveFor
09-03-14, 23:24
Beautifully said, Emmz! Thank you so much for sharing!

I am "blipping" at the moment, but will not be throwing in the towel. Life is to precious and sweet, …..and I have TooMuchToLiveFor!!!!!

So glad you are doing well!!!

MrAndy
10-03-14, 08:59
well done Emmz ! you are so right about sometimes needing a kick up the bum

Phuzella
10-03-14, 09:25
The answer does lie within yourself, there's no magic pill, no magic therapy etc. Yes they help but ultimately it comes down to you, your brain, and remembering who you are and how precious life is.
Time goes by so quickly so it's up to each one of us to make the most of every day we have. If it means a panic attack or wobble of any kind, work with it, appreciate you body for protecting you and carry on.
Try it, what have you got to lose:)

Elen
10-03-14, 09:42
Brilliant post Emmz.

I am a firm believer in the boot up the backside method, it's too easy to sit and wallow in your own misery and it is not helped if others tell you how right you are to feel that way.

There is only one way out and only one person that can do it. Friends can support and help but at the end of the day we need to accept how we are feeling and find a way to do something about it.

ps its great seeing you back on form hun, knew you could do it but you should be very proud of yourself.

bernie1977
10-03-14, 09:42
Great to read, love reading the success stories. Well done, it's all your own hard work that got you through the bad times

Jacsta
10-03-14, 10:58
Y'know, I knew you were doing really well, and ALOT better than you were before you went back on the cit....I thought about telling you the other day, but I decided to wait....because I wanted YOU to realise it, and say it to me :).....and look at you....you made a post saying exactly what I was thinking.

I'm so proud of you...you rode through the panic, you never lost your sense of humour, and you never lost your fight....you are an amazing person, you have so much kindness within you, and you are going to go far in life...I just know it.

Much love xxxx

Tanner40
10-03-14, 11:01
Thanks for sharing your success story Emmz. It's wonderful to read and every single word thatnyou wrote is spot on. You managed to convey the problems that you had been having, yet talked about acceptance and moving forward. Tough love sure can work, can't it? My ex was the first one to give me a swift, strong kick in the butt many years ago. I definitely needed that kick. All said and done though, it was up to me to find the courage to change my thought processes.

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 16:30
More great stuff! :) It should be mandatory for folks to read the positive stuff... like make it pop up when you sign in ;) It might just give them some hope.

Positive thoughts

Jaco45er
10-03-14, 16:39
Cool post Emmz

Spot on too, overcoming anxiety is about challenging how you think. How you think is how you feel, and avoidance is a prison cell.

Nice one :)

SarahH
10-03-14, 17:08
Great post.... here's to more positivity on NMP!!!!

AuntieMoosie
11-03-14, 15:52
Brilliant Emmz!!! :yesyes:

You've done so well hun, so you be proud and let the World know :yesyes:

It's so nice to see a positive post on here, for me, these posts are more important than anything :yesyes:

I wish you all the very best in your continuing recovery Emmz.

Love, hugs and Moos from

The Moosie One x~x :yahoo:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Group%20Stuff/well-done-congratulations-card-679-pekm500x500ekm_zps32b9f87e.jpg

Sallyg
16-03-14, 23:22
Thank you for this post - I totally agree with you. I have yet to take as courageous step as you and kick ass and 'ignore' the thoughts. But..........I have done it in the past and just like you say, things become less scary very quickly, as long as you keep on ignoring your anxiety thoughts.

Thank you for sharing and I wish you continued progress

BobbyDog
17-03-14, 10:56
Great post. We are the masters of our own destiny, we can let anxiety completely consume us, or we can face our greatest fears, no matter how terrified we are....

I still have GAD, but have managed to push forward with my life instead of wallowing in self pity, and searching for the miracle cure - 'cause there isn't one................

No pain, no gain.

Carolclelland
19-03-14, 17:17
I am a very new member but reading this has really cheered me up

venusbluejeans
19-03-14, 19:12
Oops sorry only just catching up with things,

Thank you so much for your replies and I am glad that it has helped some of you too.

Elen - Thank you so much you were a big influence on me during my crap times I wil never forget it xxxxxx now go hug a Pup for me :)

http://media.giphy.com/media/Db6nHNI0DPCNO/giphy.gif

Jac - I know you are going though a rough spot at the minute, but you WILL get there, just like you kept telling me.....but in the mean time here is a bit of dancing cheese :D xxxxx

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/c/cheese/graphics-cheese-560864.gif

Moosie Moo - Thank you hun, I really must message you and have a catch up :)

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/V/z/L/I/f/X/cartoon-cow-md.png

and to the rest of you........

http://www.picturesanimations.com/t/thank_you/0-a-danke%2811%29.gif