PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out oral cancer

worrieraz
10-03-14, 04:08
I am freaking out. I have been battling a sore throat off and on for months. My doctor contributes it to allergies. It has been better the last couple weeks but today it flared up. I checked my throat with a flashlight and the side that hurts is red and there is a sore behind where my tonsils used to be ( I had them removed 30 years ago). I poked the spot with my finger and pus started coming out. I cant see the spot really well because of its location but now I am having a full blown panic attack because I just know it is oral cancer :(

RoseEve
10-03-14, 09:39
I have and allergies and I get a sore throat a lot. It's because of the post nasal drip.

worrieraz
10-03-14, 14:05
It is the pus pocket that is worrying me. I did not sleep at all last night. I have a dr. appt this afternoon. I am devastated I was doing so well since I started taking meds. I even have my first counseling appt next month and now this has put me back to square one.

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 16:05
You'll know soon enough.... keep us in the loop.

Positive thoughts

worrieraz
10-03-14, 16:11
Thanks Fishmanpa, the thing that worries me is that I am not finding anything on the Internet that is similar to this other than an abscess but since I dont have my tonsils it is not likely. My doctor always tells me it is allergies (no matter what is wrong) so I am kind worried he will blow me off again.

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 16:20
I can let you know that a pus filled sore is not indicative of oral cancer from my experience but I say that with the disclaimer, I'm not a doctor. You've had sinus/throat issues for several months now. If it were sinister, you would be seeing other things associated with OC. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Positive thoughts

worrieraz
10-03-14, 16:27
Thanks Fishmanpa. I have felt so good lately. I have gained back all my weight that I lost from when my anxiety was at its worst (I have gained 10 pounds in the last two months). It is just a bummer that something always pops up

RoseEve
10-03-14, 17:51
Cancer doesn't pus! If it did it would be a lot easier to treat. It sounds like an abscess.

worrieraz
10-03-14, 18:30
Is the doctor going to think I am nuts? I have an appt in two weeks but called this morning and told them I need seen today. I think he already thinks I am crazy cause he wants me to go to counseling and he upped my prozac.

worrieraz
10-03-14, 22:59
Well doctor looked at. Thinks it is an abcess, put me on antibiotics and gave me lidocaine for the pain. I go back in two weeks. He said he does not think it is cancer but if it does not improve with meds I will get referred to an ENT

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 23:46
I'm still not a doctor but perhaps I should become one ~lol~ That was my thought all along.

Positive thoughts