PDA

View Full Version : Keep jolting awake

rebeccad
10-03-14, 06:56
Eughhhh I've had an excellent few weeks no problems at all until yesterday day was good took my boys football then for a long walk in the sunshine , home for a BBQ (I was bullied into this lol) and then settled for the night , I had felt sick all day but took no notice and passed it as a mild virus , went to bed as was tired and then bam it hit !!! I kept jolting awake at the split second id drift to sleep , not physically jolt but like a surge of adrenaline rushed through me and I was panicking about nothing and for a split second couldn't get my breath, I've never had a panic attack but think this may be one x

claireypoo
10-03-14, 07:04
I have those ever such a lot. They happen mostly if I drink tea or coffee before bed, or alcohol with dinner, then stop. Sometimes, lemsip and similar drinks make it worse.

They are horrible aren't they? That whoosh and the gasping awake? I once had it over and over. For me relaxing before bed with a Horlicks really helped too. :) x

rebeccad
10-03-14, 07:16
Thanks for the reply , it's really scared me to death and now I have to go to work , I'm scared of going to sleep tonight now , I did have 1 glass wine with my dinner and a cup tea before bed maybe this was the reason x

claireypoo
10-03-14, 07:52
Ok, drop the tea for sure! They aren't nice, but don't be scared of these adrenaline surges, they can't harm you. I have had THOUSANDS. Really. (This was before I realised the caffeine connection) I drink Horlicks every night now, and turn off the TV 15 minutes before bed and listen to relaxing music to unwind. Sometimes the TV with the lights and noise can act as a stimulant to the senses too. Unwind, no tea, and a milky drink and you'll find they reduce, but the most important thing is that they cannot hurt you. They just feel scary from the adrenaline. X