PDA

View Full Version : Fear of losing a loved one

Sleeping disorders
10-03-14, 07:40
Hi, I am 33 yr old female and live with my husband. We both work and have good jobs. My father has been having multiple health challenges since I was 13. Recently I was at my home country as I was called since he was undergoing a major surgery with high risk. During that time I took 24/7 care of him and took all decisions about his health independently, he lives with my mother. Both are 63 yrs old. My issue is that I live his suffering in my dreams. A lot of times I dream of him in bad health condition and I am trying to save him. And in dreams it feels so real that I always end up waking crying. As I am writing, it's 3am and I woke up from such a dream and am scared to go back to sleep.
Not sure if this is a medical condition or not. Would you suggest going to a doc? If yes, which type of doc?

Marty_67
10-03-14, 12:17
Hi there, SD.

I can relate to this worry - I often (used to) worry about my family in particular my sons. I am 13 weeks into Cit now and I don't seem to have these sorts of worries too often. I still worry of course but I realise that I can't wrap them up in cotton wool and protect them 24/7.

I would see your regular doctor first. My GP was superb and very understanding - I am not saying meds are even the answer for you, this is something you may well be able to 'talk out' with someone.

Hope it goes well.

Sleeping disorders
11-03-14, 04:11
Thanks Marty.. Appreciate your response. I will surely visit the doc soon and will post the outcome.