PDA

View Full Version : Chronic worrier

loonybin
10-03-14, 14:32
Hi there, first post and as you can guess by my username I feel like thats where I should be put!

I am a chronic worrier, I don't know why or how this started, but I have spent literally years stressing about my health, that I have some terrible disease or something that is going to kill me. I have been trying to get on top of it, but I just can't seem to cope.

I have so far stressed about Cancers, Diabetes, Heart Attacks, Brain Tumor, HIV, Blot Clots, DVT, COPD, Thrush and much, much more!

I am just under 40, male, I work hard and I am good at doing what I do, I am self employed and happily married. So why do I feel this way?

My list of symptoms include, but are not limited to:

Anxiety, Stress, Difficult Breathing, Chest Pain, Shakes, Fidgeting, Brain Fog, Tingling hands and feet, sometimes loss of appetite, urinary infections, lack of desire to do anything, and I sleep terribly.

I also spent nearly a year with a chronic tension headache but thankfully that has now gone.

I spend so much time at the doctors it drives me and them insane, I have been seeing a counsellor for 4 sessions and I felt good at the start of the year, but for the last 5-6 weeks my diet has been terrible, work busy and I am back to square one and worrying constantly about my health.

So, hello all, am I alone in feeling like this?

Marty_67
10-03-14, 22:08
Lots of advice on here, LB.

I have never suffered with HA too much but my anxiety played havoc with my waterworks and I suffered from IBS too.

Welcome to NMP

Mark13
10-03-14, 22:56
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're certainly not alone.

All the best.