PDA

View Full Version : White stringy things and bubbles in urine

GirlAfraid23
10-03-14, 14:32
I wrote a post yesterday saying that I am having problems with my urine and frequency/urge to go etc.
Anyway. Today I have the same thing and noticed I have white things floating and also one or two black specs like a tiny grain of sand.
I am making an apoointment at my GP tomorrow anyway but does anyone know what this sounds like?
I'm really scared.

mummyanxious
10-03-14, 14:52
The white is discharge (tmi)

Annie0904
10-03-14, 15:39
Have you seen a doctor? You may have a urine infection but the doctor would need to test it to know for sure. In the mean time drink plenty of water.

GirlAfraid23
10-03-14, 17:05
Have you seen a doctor? You may have a urine infection but the doctor would need to test it to know for sure. In the mean time drink plenty of water.

As it says in the original post I am seeing the doctor tomorrow hopefully.
I saw on at the a&e department when I went originally because of pain and bleeding and I was on antibiotics...however that was 2 weeks ago and although it eased up for a little while, it seems to be back again now :( or turned into something worse.

What worries me most is online it seems to say the white substance indicates excess protein and this can be caused by kidney failure! Would I feel worse if my kidneys were failing?

LE
10-03-14, 17:41
The white stuff is normal. Year ago I asked my gp about it and se said its completely normal.

sarahsarah
10-03-14, 17:47
As far as I am aware, you can't see protein in your urine. In fact, I am almost certain this is the case.

I have diabetes type 2 and had a few bubbles and white bits in my urine before diagnosis and was convinced my kidneys would be damaged but they weren't, they were working perfectly and still are. It's human nature to think the worst, well, it's certainly MY human nature :)

It's great that you're getting checked out by the doc. Don't pay too much mind to what you read online about medical conditions. You can find any symptom to fit any disease or condition on Google (I know, I have done it many, many times)

Xx

GirlAfraid23
10-03-14, 18:13
As far as I am aware, you can't see protein in your urine. In fact, I am almost certain this is the case.

I have diabetes type 2 and had a few bubbles and white bits in my urine before diagnosis and was convinced my kidneys would be damaged but they weren't, they were working perfectly and still are. It's human nature to think the worst, well, it's certainly MY human nature :)

It's great that you're getting checked out by the doc. Don't pay too much mind to what you read online about medical conditions. You can find any symptom to fit any disease or condition on Google (I know, I have done it many, many times)

Xx

Thanks for this. So do you reckon I could have the same as you type 2 diabetes then?

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

The white stuff is normal. Year ago I asked my gp about it and she said its completely normal.

Thank you for this. Reassuring at least.
I'm thinking perhaps it is the repeat of the UTI or cystitis. Well that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

sarahsarah
10-03-14, 18:47
Nothing you have said suggests you have type 2 diabetes at all, I was merely saying that I have a condition which can lead to kidney problems and I had convinced myself I did have damaged kidneys but actually when I had urine and blood tests, they were totally fine. A few bubbles and white bits in your wee are not symptoms of either diabetes or kidney problems, they're completely normal.

Sorry if there was any confusion there xx

GirlAfraid23
10-03-14, 20:15
Nothing you have said suggests you have type 2 diabetes at all, I was merely saying that I have a condition which can lead to kidney problems and I had convinced myself I did have damaged kidneys but actually when I had urine and blood tests, they were totally fine. A few bubbles and white bits in your wee are not symptoms of either diabetes or kidney problems, they're completely normal.

Sorry if there was any confusion there xx

Oh ok, I just assumed that if you had the bubbles and the white bits and were diagnosed with diabetes type two then that could also be my issue too.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

And just now I had a single black dot...what on earth?!

Button1
10-03-14, 20:35
My dad had a kidney transplant last year so I know more than most about that kind of thing. You can't see protein in your urine. You also definitely can when your kidneys are failing, believe me, I watched it happen. My dad was very weak, very pale, very uncomfortable and very tired. He was so extremely bloated from fluid retention. He had the kidney transplant and is a brand new man.

I've had the white stringy bits in my urine too- I saw the doctor and it is categorically discharge. I most often get it when I'm at a certain point in my cycle and it is just your vagina clearing itself out. That's what it's meant to do. It's not sinister.

As for the black spec, good lord that really could be anything. It sounds funny but I'm always wondering how things get in there! I found one of my sons rice crispies in there today and believe me, no one put it there! Not to make light of your fears but the spec really could be anything and I'd put my house on it being innocent.

My husband had quite a bit of blood in his urine as a result of a bladder infection, it took a while to go but you couldn't see it in his urine at all, it was only after he was tested that it was discovered. Not all antibiotics work straight away or work for every person so it could well be that you have something left over but believe me, you'll get treated and be fine.

Stay calm and good luck!

GirlAfraid23
10-03-14, 20:58
My dad had a kidney transplant last year so I know more than most about that kind of thing. You can't see protein in your urine. You also definitely can when your kidneys are failing, believe me, I watched it happen. My dad was very weak, very pale, very uncomfortable and very tired. He was so extremely bloated from fluid retention. He had the kidney transplant and is a brand new man.

I've had the white stringy bits in my urine too- I saw the doctor and it is categorically discharge. I most often get it when I'm at a certain point in my cycle and it is just your vagina clearing itself out. That's what it's meant to do. It's not sinister.

As for the black spec, good lord that really could be anything. It sounds funny but I'm always wondering how things get in there! I found one of my sons rice crispies in there today and believe me, no one put it there! Not to make light of your fears but the spec really could be anything and I'd put my house on it being innocent.

My husband had quite a bit of blood in his urine as a result of a bladder infection, it took a while to go but you couldn't see it in his urine at all, it was only after he was tested that it was discovered. Not all antibiotics work straight away or work for every person so it could well be that you have something left over but believe me, you'll get treated and be fine.

Stay calm and good luck!

Thanks for this post. Sorry to hear about your dad but glad he is ok now.

I just keep reading things that say it means "renal failure" or similar. I'm only 24!
As I said before, I did have an awful lot of blood in my urine when I went to a&e a few weeks ago, they tested it and it turned out to be an infection. I went on antibiotics but had some strange reaction to it which made me feel quite shaky and spaced out so maybe I wasn't fully cured and my body rejected the antibiotics or something.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Hoping to get some kind of answer from the doctor tomorrow!

Button1
10-03-14, 21:49
You don't have renal failure. Like I said, I've seen it, you'd know about it. But I really hope you do get some answers tomorrow x

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 22:05
I just keep reading things.....

Perhaps you should quit reading things? ;)

Positive thoughts

maybrooke
10-03-14, 22:19
Hi had this last summer, urine test said I had a high white cell count, they call it pus in ur urine, it can also come from discharge from your vagina, dr gave me antibiotics and it cleared up after a retest

sarahsarah
10-03-14, 22:22
The bubbles and white bits were not a symptom of diabetes, they were just normal and everyone gets them from time to time. I hope I didn't worry you. I was merely trying to point out that I had perfectly functioning kidneys, even though I had white bits and the bubbles in my wee.

As for the black speck, that's more than likely come off your clothing. Stop examining your wee and as Fishmanpa said, stop reading medical things in the internet. It's a mug's game, nothing good ever comes of it. I know that all too well myself.

You're getting it sorted so you will know soon exactly what it is (if anything) and it will get treated if necessary. Kidneys are tough things, they are designed to last a lifetime. :) xx

mummyanxious
10-03-14, 22:53
That's what I said maybrooke but she completely ignored my comment :(

GirlAfraid23
11-03-14, 06:46
That's what I said maybrooke but she completely ignored my comment :(

Sorry mummyanxious I didnt mean to seem like I ignored you. I understand it could be discharge but I am over my ovulation period and havent had my period yet (next week) so not sure where the excess discharge would be coming from.

Catherine S
11-03-14, 11:38
I'm surprised that you've got to 24 without knowing about vaginal discharge, that its quite normal and could be something like thrush which would also make your urine look a bit fizzy or bubbly, but always best to wait and see what your doctor says as we can't diagnose anything for you. Let us know what the doc says :)

Button1
11-03-14, 12:15
I get more discharge before my period so I think it could well be that x

GirlAfraid23
11-03-14, 18:15
I've just come back from the doctors.
He has sent me for a blood test to check for diabetes, kidney issues and anaemia.

He also made me do a urine sample to be sent off to the lab.

When I was doing the urine test I weed into the tube as you are supposed to and my urine was fizzing - I could actually hear it and see the bubbles...I've never had that before. It really frightened me.

I will make a blood test appointment tomorrow after work for hopefully Friday or next week if they can't fit me in this one.
It's scary as I hate tests and waiting for test results :(

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Scared now :(

sarahsarah
11-03-14, 19:07
Waiting for test results is awful, I have every sympathy with you. Try to take your mind off the wait, keep busy and get out of the house as often as you can and, as we've said before, do not GOOGLE!!!

The fizzing and bubbles in the urine were because you weed into a small pot. As for the white bits being discharge or not, they might even be sweat and dead skin cells. I know that sounds a bit horrible but it's perfectly normal xx

Catherine S
11-03-14, 20:11
Aw, sorry you are so scared about it all. But even though your doc has requested the tests, if he really thought it was anything too serious he would've sent you to the hospital straight away. Its awful waiting though I know.

GirlAfraid23
11-03-14, 22:01
Aw, sorry you are so scared about it all. But even though your doc has requested the tests, if he really thought it was anything too serious he would've sent you to the hospital straight away. Its awful waiting though I know.

I hope you're right! It doesn't say urgent on the forms.
Apparently I should have the urine results back in 24-48 hours.
The thing that I'm most worried about is kidney disease, obviously diabetes too but kidney disease/failure keeps coming into my mind and panicking me.
If it was diabetes I could live with it and make some lifestyle changes but if it was kidney disease, it's obviously only going to get worse and I would have to be on medication all my life I'm assuming.

Marie36
11-03-14, 22:14
My wee fizzes! Every sample I have ever given looks as you have described..all is fine. You are having tests and this will reassure you..I understand the worry..I have fully convinced myself I have had everuthing from an aneurysm to ms over the years. According to google I have had every symptom...nothing has ever been wrong..our heads are powerful things! Stay strong and I am sure all will be good x

Leslie735
12-03-14, 01:19
I sent you a private message. :hugs:

GirlAfraid23
12-03-14, 08:08
Thanks for the reassurance guys.
I am just at work now and saw a strange skin like particle in my urine. Brown in colour and flaky.
I am due on my period any day now so could be that but seems strange as not sure it would be mixed in with the urine.

Leslie735
12-03-14, 12:17
Thanks for the reassurance guys.
I am just at work now and saw a strange skin like particle in my urine. Brown in colour and flaky.
I am due on my period any day now so could be that but seems strange as not sure it would be mixed in with the urine.

I get the white stuff often in my urine too. From what I've read, it's normal. I sent you a private message yesterday. I feel that we can relate to each other because you have the same fears I do.

GirlAfraid23
12-03-14, 14:01
I get the white stuff often in my urine too. From what I've read, it's normal. I sent you a private message yesterday. I feel that we can relate to each other because you have the same fears I do.

Thanks I'm going to read it at home and reply then.