PDA

View Full Version : New to this

ynys
10-03-14, 18:24
Hi I was diagnosed with panic disorder a couple of weeks ago and was given citolpram. I think this is due to the loss of my mum a few years ago just hitting me. I've had some pretty bad side effects mostly a burning between my breasts which is pretty constant. Back to docs tomorrow for a check up feeling a bit more positive, never done this before but hoping it helps

Deckardblues
10-03-14, 18:46
Citalopram is a hard drug to be on, and i have been on it since January. You have to roll with the side effects, and the effects do take a little while to get over. But bare with it.

MRS STRESS ED
10-03-14, 19:01
Hello and welcome so sorry to hear about your mum ,you have come to the right place lots of help and support here xx

ray52
10-03-14, 19:04
Hi and welcome to the forum I'm also on citalopram, as already said bare with it

Phuzella
10-03-14, 19:37
Losing a loved one can sometimes take a while to hit you, hang in there:)

ynys
10-03-14, 20:54
Thankyou for your messages :D

Marty_67
10-03-14, 21:31
All the best to you, check out the Citilopram section in the meds forum :)

Lots of help and advice there

Cheers

ynys
11-03-14, 17:24
Thanks Marty it was fantastic :)

paula78
11-03-14, 20:15
Hi, I'm new on this site and I have been suffering with what the doctors say is Anxiety, I have been prescribed citalopram and diazepam but neither have agreed with me! Although I dnt think I gave them enough time to work which isn't great! The trouble is I have what they think is health anxiety, its really affecting my life, I have all kinds of symptoms, but mainly a pain in my chest and back and sides, and I have just over the past few days developed a cough, I've been to see the gp who says my chest is clear but I'm convinced I have have a serious illness this is really taking over me, I'd like to know if anyone else suffers with these symptoms with there anxiety, I also get a rapid heartbeat and the lump feeling in my throat, I could really do with some advice or just someone to relate or talk too!! :(

Marty_67
11-03-14, 22:35
Hi Paula, most people who take Cit suffer side effects (SEs) - it really is hard to keep going sometimes.

There are many SEs including nausea, stomach pains, headaches, fuzzy head, tiredness, not sleeping and incredibly extreme anxiety to name but a few.

My early SEs were awful but the alternative was worse. At 13 weeks in, I feel so much better in myself - my triggers are not really there now, my paranoia - my over analysing - my anxiety seem to have really lessened considerably and I need far less reassurance from those close to me.

I had a stressful time at work today and I felt a little anxious - but anxiety is a normal emotion that everyone SHOULD experience from time to time. What I did not get today was anxiety followed by a panic attack.

It's a bit of a battle this one. I can understand that you health anxiety really does not help in your position but be brave and take a stand. I'm glad I stood up to my inner demons and I feel a better person for it.

Keep us updated, we are here to help you and support you X

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Thanks Marty it was fantastic :)

Some of the guys on here got me thru some very dark days (and nights). It will get better YNS :)