PDA

View Full Version : Adrenal Tumors! ARGGGGG!

Vigilante
10-03-14, 18:47
Thanks to my Dr's I'm thinking I have one of the following "Pheochromocytoma, Paraganglioma"

They have had me on blood pressure meds for the past 2 weeks, 5mg Lisinopril and 40mg propranolol as required.

They want to test me with 24 hour urine collection and abdominal ultrasound scans.

My bp was fine for the past week when tested, of course I googled these starting thinking about them and now my bp is back at 148/98.......

arggggg.....

Zingything
10-03-14, 19:07
I'm really sorry to hear about this possibility. When will you get the scan results? Try to stay positive, it may not be a tumour, but it is always best to have the tests to put your mind at rest. Have the doctors said that it could be something other than a tumour? A cyst or fatty lump perhaps? Let us know how you get on. Wishing you lots of luck. :hugs:

Vigilante
10-03-14, 19:14
hey thanks for reply, I have not been tested yet, I think they just want to make total sure my high blood pressure is not caused secondary to something else, I'm actually under an endocrinologist for an unrelated condition so they wrote to him and these are things he said to rule out basically.

My Dr seemed happy to let me carry on as normal for the next month because my bp had come down to normal with ace inhibitor. Just I happened to catch was was in the letter to him and used dr google!

next thing I know my bp is back up high.

Zingything
10-03-14, 19:18
I understand. Google can be the devil! Try and not Google and leave it up to your doctors. There is probably nothing to worry about at all and of course Googling is making your BP worse, which is understandable as you're going to read all sorts of horrors in the results. Try to do something more positive that's not health related, watch TV, read, visit a friend/family member. Stay away from your PC for a while so your BP can normalise again. I know it's really difficult but you need to do your best and think rationally. xxxx