PDA

View Full Version : I Go to Reiki

Laurie28
08-10-03, 16:20
I go to reiki about every month and it is very relaxing. I don't know if it has helped theanxiety overall but it certainly makes me feel better for that day (I even had a nice sleep my last session!!)

Lucky

twister
11-11-03, 20:23
How much does this cost? I used to have Shiatsu and Head Massages at work but the price was prohibitive (£16 for 1/2 hour) so I have stopped.

Mich
12-11-03, 16:25
Im going for my first massage tommorow night (cant wait) its costing me about £40 for 1 and 1/2 hrs, is this good!! and would you recommend massages to help with anxiety. I know my anxiety and panic has made me feel stressed and depressed at times.
Thanks Michelle

nomorepanic
12-11-03, 17:19
Lucky - I felt like that - not sure it helped the anxiety but it was very relaxing and got me to lay still for an hour! Glad to hear it helped the sleep too.

Twister - mine used to cost £35 per session but I could book 3 sessions for £100 - not a huge saving but £5 is £5 I guess.

Nicola

Meg
12-11-03, 17:51
Massage- this releases the tension that builds up in your tissues. Often with anxiety we store it in major muscle groups as well in the usual chronic shoulders and neck so leg muscles etc can go into spasm.

Sounds like it from someone who works from home if you're going in the evening. They are really good for us as it's someone else who you can talk to and will encourage you. They've often seen this before and can really help. It may well go into 2 hours with pre chatting.

The price is fine for the Midlands. I can't comment on anywhere else.

Enjoy Mich !!!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
13-11-03, 09:17
reiki Cost me £10 for aN HOUR AND £5 FOR HALF AN HOUR
FROM READING ABOVE I THINK I GOT A BARGAIN!!!

LOVE
LUCKY

nomorepanic
13-11-03, 21:07
Wow lucky - yeah you have.

What area is this in?

Nicola

Laurie28
14-11-03, 08:18
Central Scotland Nicola.

I know people charge £25.00 per hour but the lady i went to does it full time!!

Lucky

nomorepanic
14-11-03, 12:16
I think I will move up there then Lucky

Would you like me to add her to the links page for Reiki as I am always looking for people that someone recommends?

Nicola

Laurie28
14-11-03, 13:27
I will get her details and post them for you NIc

Lucky

Mich
14-11-03, 22:34
Really enjoyed my first ever massage last night (yes Radar - it was at the ladies house) she was brilliant,I was nervous at first but soon relaxed, she did talk to me about my problem too, and was very encouraging, She herself has experienced panic attacks in the past and understood everything I told her - she's great! She gave me some 18 pages of information on anxiety called: "what is it and how to control it" (im half way through reading it, its very good). I also had an Indian head massage (definately recommend it, but getting the oil out of my hair was a task!)

And yes - im booked in again for next week!!!!!!!!!