PDA

View Full Version : My son's neck lump

Montana2
10-03-14, 22:36
So many of you have been so sweet following up on my son's recent health scare, and I am so grateful for all your support.
I wanted to update what is going on now. For those new to reading this.... He noticed a small bump on the right side of his neck a month ago. Blood work CBC came back normal. Ct scan revealed a swollen lymph node a little over 1cm. Started 10 days of antibiotics and at the end there was no change has not grown or come down. Last week he had more blood work all came back fine, but it did show he's had Mono. He was pretty sick last August with an extremely high fever, swollen lymph nodes etc... That lasted two weeks of 104 temperatures that would not respond to medicine. Our primary care doctor thinks this is probably a lymph node left from that, but is referring us to an ENT to see if a biopsy is prudent. Besides this problem he is a really healthy 13 year old, no fevers, unusual tiredness or anything that would indicate he is ill, in fact, he is training to do his 50 mile walk with his Boy Scout troop and just did a 15 mile hike last weekend. He said he could of gone another 15 miles. 😊. He is now starting Baseball and keeping me busy! It is a good distraction for me, because as you all can imagine, (specially those with children) my anxiety is on over drive, that dragon is got a firm hold on me. I am trying to fight it as hard as I can. For those who can send positive thoughts and prayers my way, I would be eternally grateful!

RoseEve
10-03-14, 22:41
So glad your son is fine! I'm praying for you :) I'm here if you want to pm me.

Montana2
07-04-14, 07:18
Well, this lump almost drove me crazy.

After this whole past month of doctor appointments, blood work and scan, this turned out to be a reactive lymph node. Nothing to be concerned about, and biopsy not needed.

Recommendations by the ENT was just to "chill" and. "Get a tropical smoothy"

Thank you to all that have answered my PM and offered support. It really means a lot to me to see so many caring people!

RoseEve
07-04-14, 13:34
Awesome!

wins829
07-04-14, 22:19
Good to hear.

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-04-14, 16:31
SOOO glad to hear it!!! Prayers of gratitude!