PDA

View Full Version : Feeling alone, scared, worried that this will never go away.

LiveAboveIt
10-03-14, 22:39
I'm currently battling with anxiety and depression.
I've been struggling with anxiety/panic for about three and a half weeks now. Although I think I've mostly managed to handle the panic. I've been reaffirming to myself that it's JUST anxiety and it will pass.. But I'm suddenly afraid of EVERYTHING. Anything causes me stress and anxiety.. Places, decisions, anything you can think of.. So when I discover that something causes me fear, I've been doing it anyway, facing it.

It's just unusual for me to have so many things make me afraid. Whether it be being alone in a room, when it turns night because I know the world is quiet and slow..

I can't sit and do the things that I normally enjoy doing, because I feel the anxiety in the back of my head and this feeling eventually overwhelms it..

If I'm accepting that it's anxiety, why won't it just go away? I'm not fighting it, I'm just trying to live my life WHILE having anxiety. But everything feels foreign to me. My home, people, the things that usually brings me comfort.. I can't seem to connect to ANYTHING anymore. I feel so scared, sad, and alone.

Is this normal for anxiety? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Fishmanpa
10-03-14, 23:50
Are you seeking help with your anxiety? You may be doing the right things but sometimes a helping hand in the form of counseling, CBT, meds or a combination thereof, may be what you need to get a handle on the dragon.

Positive thoughts

Charlotteee89
10-03-14, 23:59
I know exactly how you feel!

I've suffered from Social Anxiety for many years but I've been able to handle & control it for a good 8 months now but completely out of the blue 4 weeks ago I had a bad panic attack which completely threw me.

Anxiety has been playing havoc with me ever since. I can't even distract myself as my anxiety is aware that they are distractions & is making me feel even more anxious.

Your body is in the 'fight or flight' mode at the moment & that's why you feel that way. When your body is in that mode your sensitized to everything & anxiety takes over. It can make you feel that you're losing control (well it does with me!) & it's so frightening. You're also probably experiencing depersonalization & derealization & that's why you feel so disconnected - very common with anxiety. I certainly feel very disconnected & almost unreal when my anxiety is overwhelming me.

Reading up about anxiety may be a help to you? It will allow you to make sense of what's happening to you. Also, it might be a good idea to book an appointment with your GP/Doctor & tell him/her exactly what's going on. CBT is one of top & best treatments for this sort of anxiety.

There's also such thing as 'Anticipatory Anxiety' or a 'fear of a fear' which is getting anxious over the fear of being anxious again. That's exactly what happens to me & more so in certain situations - I have anxiety over certain things. But even though I know deep down I don't actually feel that way I'm actually scared of the thoughts coming back into my mind, making me believe they're true as they debilitate me. But unfortunately, the thoughts have become obsessive, so I can't escape them very easily!

This article really made me feel better about my anxiety/panic - http://www.healthcentral.com/anxiety/c/1443/119324/flight-anxiety/

:)

Superworrier
11-03-14, 00:38
Hey Hun I have been like this for six weeks now . I have had anxiety for many years but this is a new force to be reckoned with. I feel exactly the same in as much that I am trying to distract myself but it is still there every minute of the day. Hold on Hun we will bring the beast down .

LiveAboveIt
11-03-14, 02:15
Thank you for the responses. I'm doing this without the use of SSRI's. Currently dealing with withdrawls from cold turkeying Luvox because I haven't been able to get my Psychiatrist on the phone in the last 5 days, despite leaving tons of message. I'm doing my best to face the fear and NOT be afraid of the anxiety or the symptoms.

It's a tough battle, but I believe that we can do it. Next step is to see a therapist and hopefully get some CBT. :) Can only do so much on my own and I need someone sane to point me in the right direction.

Best of luck to all of you. I'm always here if you need to talk.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

I know exactly how you feel!

I've suffered from Social Anxiety for many years but I've been able to handle & control it for a good 8 months now but completely out of the blue 4 weeks ago I had a bad panic attack which completely threw me.

Anxiety has been playing havoc with me ever since. I can't even distract myself as my anxiety is aware that they are distractions & is making me feel even more anxious.

Your body is in the 'fight or flight' mode at the moment & that's why you feel that way. When your body is in that mode your sensitized to everything & anxiety takes over. It can make you feel that you're losing control (well it does with me!) & it's so frightening. You're also probably experiencing depersonalization & derealization & that's why you feel so disconnected - very common with anxiety. I certainly feel very disconnected & almost unreal when my anxiety is overwhelming me.

Reading up about anxiety may be a help to you? It will allow you to make sense of what's happening to you. Also, it might be a good idea to book an appointment with your GP/Doctor & tell him/her exactly what's going on. CBT is one of top & best treatments for this sort of anxiety.

There's also such thing as 'Anticipatory Anxiety' or a 'fear of a fear' which is getting anxious over the fear of being anxious again. That's exactly what happens to me & more so in certain situations - I have anxiety over certain things. But even though I know deep down I don't actually feel that way I'm actually scared of the thoughts coming back into my mind, making me believe they're true as they debilitate me. But unfortunately, the thoughts have become obsessive, so I can't escape them very easily!

This article really made me feel better about my anxiety/panic - http://www.healthcentral.com/anxiety/c/1443/119324/flight-anxiety/

:)

Thank you for making me feel not so alone. You are an angel.