PDA

View Full Version : I am in GAD cycle and have a question

allan
27-11-06, 12:15
Recently, I have been in a GAD mode. I have been focusing on my heart rate. In short, I was taking my pulse all the time as I thought my heart rate was high. Being in good condition, my resting pulse is 60. So the question is, can anxiety make one's HR go to 90 or 100 and stay there for an hour or two? I am going to go to shrink and try to get some meds to help break the cycle. My heart is OK. When I had some tach and PVc's, the cardiologist says, I have always very intermittently had that.
I can feel the fearful anxiety raise my heart rate when I get anxious.
If anyone has thoughts or info, it would be helpful to know the parameters and that my symptoms are are classic. Thanks

sgp64
27-11-06, 12:28
In short Allan..yes it can. Mine goes up to 100/110 when I'm anxious and it beats very forcefully. Your heart is more than able for this and much much more so you have nothing to worry about. You've got a resting pulse of 60 so are obv in good shape (mines about 72 though whenever I check it it seems to be higher).

Your symptoms are very much classic of anxiety as virtually everyone here will testify.

Sean

hopeful
27-11-06, 12:34
Hi Allan,
Yes its the anxiety that causes it. Mine goes to 120 beats sometimes.I dont worry about it anymore, I just try to remember to use breathing techniques to slow it down a bit.
Take Care
julie x