PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my daughter

Susie333
11-03-14, 12:01
My 32yr old daughter went to her GP this morning as she has a mole on her leg which has changed in appearance. She didn't expect to get referred to hospital and is upset and worried about it.
I have such health anxieties and feel sick with worry (although I don't show this in front of my daughter). Could this be very serious and have any of you lovely people experienced this?
I would be so pleased to receive some reassurance.

robin321
11-03-14, 13:16
I have tons of moles. Anytime I see the GP and ask about one, they always refer me. Now I have to go annually to get them all looked at. But they have always been ok, even though some have changed appearence over time. So a referal doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Susie333
11-03-14, 14:21
Thank you Robin, that has made me feel heeps better :)

Susie333
12-03-14, 09:27
Still feeling really anxious and worried this morning. Keep googling unusual moles looking for reassurance but it's making me more worried.......please help:weep:

RoseEve
12-03-14, 09:41
Stop googling Suzie. Google is not a doctor and only adds to panic. You are a mother you are going to worry no matter what. I'm pretty sure they always check moles that change. A lot of normal moles change as we get older and they are fine. When is your daughter going to the hospital?

Susie333
12-03-14, 11:14
I am trying not to google today as it does make me worry more.
Doc said her appointment will be within 2 weeks so she is being seen quite quickly which worries me too.
She went to the docs 4 years ago for him to look at it and it was fine but the doc she saw yesterday said it had changed significantly since then. I hope and pray its nothing nasty :weep: