PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and fluxotene

TashaPete
11-03-14, 16:53
Hi
I am new to here I have been suffering panic anxiety attacks for years now doctor has told me too take fluxoteine but I'm scared of side effects do u think they help

Thanks

Tasha ;)

Kayleigh100
11-03-14, 17:30
Fluoxetine helped me in 2012 when I was getting anxiety/panic attacks. Took a couple of months to get used to them and that period wasn't pleasant - but it wasn't nice when I wasn't on the medication either. I came off the medication in early 2013 and had CBT too. I would definitely recommend trying to get a free NHS course of CB therapy if you can.

The CBT, medication and this forum helped me get through a dark period and to give myself a chance of recovery and I was well for twelve months afterwards.

I have just had a blip again - last week - and I thought I was back to square one but it seems that I might not be as bad this time but I am not counting my chickens. Time will tell.

Hologram
11-03-14, 18:48
I take fluoxetine and propranolol ... You do feel a bit sicky at first on fluoxetine but after a few weeks they worked for me. :hugs:

theablac
27-03-14, 10:09
HI TASHAPETE, When you start to take fluoxetine at the start you really do feel worse before you feel better but when they kick in they are one of the best they are slow getting into the system but if you stick with them they will help , it took 4 weeks for me to start feeling anything the first time I took them and the side effects were awful being really anxious , not being able to eat and terrible headaches , you may be lucky and not get side effects but they will still take time to work , Take one day at a time and keep looking on this site as you will find others that have been through or are going through the same things as you are and knowing that what you feeling is a great help , if you have someone close talk to them don't cut them out show them this site and they will see your not alone and they will be able to understand the side effects of the medication and it will help them to know what you are going through, the people on this site are great and if they can help reassure you they will , You are not alone when you have this site .

Rennie1989
27-03-14, 10:19
Different medication works differently to different people. It could be people's saving grace, take the edge off the anxiety, not do anything or make it worse. The side effects of the medication crop up for the first few weeks (some say 2-4 weeks, some say as long as 8 weeks) which often include increased anxiety, shakiness, nausea and disturbed sleep. They are not symptoms that are disruptive, they are just a little uncomfortable for a while but it's worth it for the benefits later on. I used to take my medication at night so the worst of the symptoms were experienced at night whilst I was asleep.