PDA

View Full Version : Slow release vs 2x a day

SpecialAgentSara
11-03-14, 21:39
Hey guys,

When I was started on ven a year ago I was on the slow release tablets 75mg once a day. Since then my doc has changed in to 35mg twice a day because the long release were 'so expensive'. Now I have been ok with this but I have notices that if I miss a dose accidentally then my anxiety comes back ten fold very quickly. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to stay in your system for a while.

It's making me more anxious because I'm paranoid about missing a dose and constantly obsessing over it.

Thanks

Sara

Zingything
11-03-14, 22:28
Hi Sara

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. I have a slow release tablet - one a day - for another condition, they too are more expensive. As I sometimes forget to take my medication on time I insisted that I have the slow release form otherwise I was likely to become unwell. My GP probably reluctantly agreed.

Tell your GP that the two x daily tablets are not suitable for you and as a result you are becoming unwell. I'm sure that he will give you the slow release form again then as he wouldn't want to be responsible for you being anxious and unwell.

Do you have a CPN, mental health worker or psychiatrist who you could also explain this to?

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted. xx