PDA

View Full Version : First lymphoma worry

LibrarianJ
11-03-14, 23:43
I've had health anxiety for years. Nobody understands how awful it is. I now have a ten month old baby and my HA is blowing up big time. I haven't had it too bad for a couple years. Now it's back and my worry is lymphoma. My husband can't seem to help me rationalize.

It started with a low grade fever and no symptoms except extreme fatigue. This carried on a week and finally made a doctors appointment. He felt my lymph nodes and said they were swollen, but also said my throat looked red. He said he didn't think I had cancer. Yes, I asked. I noticed after this appointment I had a big white spot on my tonsil. So I finally relaxed and moved on. Twovweeks later i had a follow up, felt fine, but the doc said my nodes were still a little swollen and to take another round of antibiotics if my fever came back because this was a resitant bug. i never told him i didnt take the first round. Now here we are and three weeks later my low fever comes back, but now it's lower than last time, about 98.9 F in the evenings only usually. My neck lymph nodes have swelled again and this has been a week now with the low fever and feeling like a lump in my throat. No other symptoms and this time no white spots! So back to lymphoma. I almost can't function. I put on a smile in front of my daughter, but on the inside I feel so upset. I called the doctors office and got another antibiotic prescription. So I'm going to begin it tonight, but I'm scared it won't cure my fever or swollen glands. I'm so convinced and I feel like I'm in deep water drowning with no rationality. Can you provide any rationality this isn't lymphoma? I'm going nuts. :( this is so upsetting.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

I will add that the doctor did a CBC and all came back fine. But my WBC was 5.4 which is low normal. Also, my hemo was fine, but I've had anemia since pregnancy and I take iron. I dunno I am over thinking everything. Just freaked out. I'm scared to even take the antibiotic cause if it doesn't reduce my fever then I will really be scared worse this is lymphoma.

Fishmanpa
12-03-14, 01:45
Your blood work doesn't indicate anything sinister so what does that leave? Since you voiced your fears, your doctor did tests to rule out anything sinister. Blood work would indicate issues.

Not taking the antibiotic and worrying because the infection isn't clearing up just doesn't make sense. That's the best rational that this isn't lymphoma.

Please do as the doctor ordered and take the course of meds. See your doctor again if your symptoms don't clear up within a week or two of finishing every dose.

Positive thoughts