PDA

View Full Version : It's coming back

kutuup
12-03-14, 03:22
I've been mostly free of anxiety for nearly a year, but recently it's coming back. I'm in work, but I'm constantly having my job threatened. It's a sales job, and I'm constantly being told that if I don't sell more my contract won't be renewed. I have bills coming in left right and center, my pay doesn't cover them, and I'm looking at being out of work as a high probability since the sales targets this company expects are frankly unreasonable and I would have to mis-sell just to meet them, which I'm not willing to do. I feel like I'm being punished for being honest. My bills mean my pay this month will amount to essentially zero. I'll have to live the next month on no money. I'm being billed so much for being over drawn on my bank account that I will be stuck in a never ending cycle where every paycheck only covers my overdraft bills. Add that to the likelihood of being out of work soon and I just can't cope. I've gotten myself in a huge mess and I don't know how to get out of it, I'm panicking left right and center. If I lose my job, I'm done for. I just want to hide in the hopes that it'll all go away, but I'm an adult, I know it won't. I have to face it and make ends meet, but I don't know how. I'm in one hell of a mess, and frankly, I'm scared.

hazmatz
12-03-14, 04:36
Sales is very rough. My brother is experiencing the same exact thing, except he has a second job in retail too to bring in extra cash. So my advice would be to possibly search for a second job? Maybe a temp agency that can be flexible with your schedule. Your main priority is money right now so you have to be frugal. Think about your needs vs your wants and try to minimize spending. Things will get better, I promise.

HalfJack
12-03-14, 04:54
Have you talked to the citizens advice bureau? Or a debt advice helpline? They will give you options on how to make your debt more manageable and contact the people FOR YOU to sort it out. Banks should direct you to debt help when you struggle but not all of them do.

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

I really feel for you, money freaks me out. I don't even like having a bank account!

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-14, 05:47
You could also talk to the Money Advice Service to see what you can do.

Are you constantly switching your gas & elec around? Staying on older products can lose you hundreds a year and it sounds like you need to cut down where you can. You can also try to find way to cut down on energy and there are loads of websites for advice on that such as The Energy Saving Trust. Just a thought.

LiveAboveIt
12-03-14, 06:59
Sometimes I envy people like you. I WISH I felt I had an actual reason to have anxiety. Most of the time my anxiety is just anxiety over the symptoms or the worry. Even when my life is seemingly fine and relaxed.

I wish you the best of luck. You beat it once and you can do it again.

jackie13
12-03-14, 07:44
Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are feeling under pressure at the moment:(

I am going through slightly the same thing. I am lucky in that my husband earns a good wage, however, I am self employed and lately the work is trickling in.

I often wake, like this morning with bad anxiety and wonder why is there, I know realise it is the worry of money earning and the feeling of always trying to catch up.

I like to contribute to the household bills and feel I cant at the moment.

The advice about citizens advice is good and perhaps speaking to a debt counsellor.

Is there anyway you can find some mental strength and try and eventually get out of Sales, it is an extremely pressured environment.

We hear on the news quite a lot recently about managers and the company putting stress on employees to work hard and make more money, it is wrong as in the long run staff are then off with depression and anxiety.

Big hugs
Jackie xx