PDA

View Full Version : strange heart feeling when in a hot bath?

mbarger33
12-03-14, 04:06
This has happened to me a few times but only when I'm laying on my back in a hot bath. It feels like a spasm/electrical shock the runs just below my rib cage. Then sometimes shoots up the middle of my breast bone. It's a very unusual feeling that is only experienced from time to time in the bath.

Anyway it freaks me out and then my heart starts beating fast then I think my heart is beating fast because of what just happened and then the dragon shows up...

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I (had) severe heart anxiety a couple months back but all that was squashed after seeing a cardiologist and having a stress ECG done.

Of course I passed with flying colors and all blood work is great..

Problem is this feels like my heart stops. Then starts again then beats fast to catch up. Very strange. No pressure or tightness on chest. No chest pains. Just a strange spaz and jolt feeling without pain.

Anyone else?

anxious_thoughts
13-03-14, 04:03
Hello. I think I have this similar symptom.

Mine usually happens when in really excited or when in anxious. It feels like a spasm in the centre of my chest. No pain at all, and it literally lasts a second but comes and goes. It makes me jump sometimes, because of how weird it feels.

Anxiety can cause a lot of tension all over your body. Which is what I put mine down to.

Take care