PDA

View Full Version : Vision

kellylou89
12-03-14, 11:54
Hi all i am just curious, what vision symptoms does everyone get if any?
I spent ages a while abo concentrating on how sometimes shen looking at whites/creams walls etc i see like a shimmering .. That finally past amd i started to focus less on it to the point i either wouldnt see it or ignored it (unsure). But since a bad bout of anxiety recently im focusing on it again!!! And find myself looking for it! :(
I also get floaters and visual snow .. I gonthe opticians every 6 months and do wear glasses for seeing distance, but like i said above, my current panic is my eyes! :(

Does anybody get these and/or others?

LunaLiuna
12-03-14, 12:10
I've had all of what you've described before and others. You know they're nothing serious so simply accept them, you've had them in the past like you said and you even got rid of them, so I'm sure you can do it again :)

kellylou89
12-03-14, 12:16
Thanks for your reply! .. Have you even had the shimmering? Thats the one that scares me

LunaLiuna
12-03-14, 12:25
Yes, I get it on my black carpet in my bedroom and the walls in there as well. As you get checked up more than regulary I'm sure it's anxiety, especially with it coming and going. Here's what it says on the symptom page for you :)

Eyes, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes

What you feel:

You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.
It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.
There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.
You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.
Ciliary muscles relax - pupils dilate focusing on distant items sometimes disturbing your vision or allowing odd colours or floaters to be noticed.

What causes this:

Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.
None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.

cut_out_stars
12-03-14, 14:14
I'm not 100% sure what you mean about the shimmering but I think I get something similar all the time :)

KLP
12-03-14, 14:40
I have a drunk like vision. Unfocused. I have got used to it.

kellylou89
12-03-14, 14:55
Wow thanks for posting that!! Makes so much more sense of it all now, and maybe i can start to relax again! .. Thankyou! :)

Yes, I get it on my black carpet in my bedroom and the walls in there as well. As you get checked up more than regulary I'm sure it's anxiety, especially with it coming and going. Here's what it says on the symptom page for you :)

Eyes, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes

What you feel:

You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.
It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.
There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.
You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.
Ciliary muscles relax - pupils dilate focusing on distant items sometimes disturbing your vision or allowing odd colours or floaters to be noticed.

What causes this:

Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.
None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Shimmering is kind of like slight shaking of certain objects hun like a shaking in a way but not as vigorous like a gentle shake
Horrible isnt it esp when its something so important as your vision

Charlee123
25-03-14, 17:22
I have flickering all the time, feelings that im in a dream, also if i look at something and move my eyes sway the shape will follow. Worse if im concentratin on the tv/iphone and worse at night. I have had it since 2006:2007 and no one nos what it is. I am convinced i have a brain tumour