PDA

View Full Version : let me tell you all something....

HB
26-07-04, 14:26
I havent posted here for quite a while as i have been away with my mum to the canary islands and only got back a few days ago.

I just wanted to come on and tell you all about my hliday as most of you know, I was feeling quite anxious about it......

The flight was ok as it could be (i dont really like flying in case of people getting travel sick) The take off was scary but everything went ok.

Then came my biggest hurdle... eating the local food (eeek!!) We both sat down to some locally caught fish and guess what... Ididnt get fod poisoning all holiday!!! Im not saying that i didnt panic at all because i did but not often.

Then the worst thing that could happen, happened!!! whilst we were sat in a restaurant eating one night, a little girl came and stood in front of me and there and then, puked everywhere!!!! i sat with my eyes closed panicking the whole time but i got through!!!

What im trying to say is that if i can get through a holiday relatively panic- free even when faced with my biggest phobia then so can you all..... everyone that is feeling anxious about going away, try not to, have fun!!!

Here's wishing you all a panic- free summer!!

H

Meg
26-07-04, 14:50
Well Done Helen on your success.

Meg

seh1980
26-07-04, 17:36
Well done mate!!!:D

sarah
26-07-04, 17:45
Hi Helen

Well done mate, you sound like you did really well.

Glad you had a good time!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

pips
26-07-04, 18:01
Well Done

Thats an excellent achievement!

I will take your advice on board as I am going to Canada soon and am a totallly nervous wreak at the moment!

Must stay strong though!

Take care

Love PIP's XX

jo-jo
26-07-04, 18:21
Wow Helen well done mate :D

You have done brilliantly and even survived your worst fear. If it had been me I think I would have died on the spot.

So glad you didn't have too much panic and even managed to enjoy the local cuisine [^]

Lots of love Jo xxx

nomorepanic
26-07-04, 20:09
Helen

Glad the holiday went well and you even ate the local food.

Bad news about the kid being sick but you did well to cope so well done you.

Has it helped atall, made you feel any better or any worse?

Nicola

HB
26-07-04, 21:45
I feel on top of the world and panic free. Perhaps we should all take holidays abraod and prove to ourselves that we are strong enough??!!?!?!

pips.... just take deep breaths and i definitely recommend watching the in- flight film, if its good it will take your mind off it. Hope you come out of it feeling as good as me, everyone deserves to feel good :-)

Thanks guys!

H

stimpy
26-07-04, 23:13
:D Well Done Mate !

I think you did ever so well .

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

HB
27-07-04, 19:39
thanks liz :-)

H

lilac kitten
29-07-04, 10:24
HB,

Sometimes the thought of something is worse than the actual event itself. I think you've done very well indeed. Infact in the past couple of months your thought process and the way you come across is really a lot more confident.

I'm OK when my kids are sick and can rub their backs and clean up although I don't look when they are actually doing it, I just stand and rub their backs and reassure them that they will be OK - I don't want them to be afraid of it, although I'm not too good when my partner is sick, I try to distance myself, but do check after he's OK. My partner however, Mr Rufty Tufty digger driver one of the lads who can drink for england, does not like anyone being sick, having said that when I threw up after giving birth to David he handled it really well.

I think emetophobia is really really common. And I wouldn't mind betting that when you were sitting on that plane or in that restaurant - nearly everyone was feeling the same as you.

As of tomorrow I'm at home on two weeks holiday, to be a full time mother and play all day with the kids - and I can't wait. I will log on if I get the chance in the evening to see how everyone is.

Keep up the positive thinking - its good for you, and I for one am very proud of you as you should be of yourself.

Ruth
x

Jules31
29-07-04, 13:24
Hi

Wow you did so well and I'm even more pleased that you are feeling great.

You've inspired me to be positive when I leave for Rome next week

Jules

HB
31-07-04, 10:54
awwww well im glad of that jules, have a fantastic time!!!

H

Caz Fab Pants
31-07-04, 22:07
I just dont get it, HOW, HOW, HOW??? How on earth did you do all that?

Never mind, well done chick :D Cant believe you did the whole holiday thing and survived the sick episode relatively unscathed.

Good for you!

Caroline
x

HB
02-08-04, 10:44
I dont have a clue how i did it!! perhaps the intensive CBT sessions i had beforehand??

H