PDA

View Full Version : Anxious I now have kidney cancer...

GirlAfraid23
12-03-14, 16:37
Now waiting for blood and urine test results due to pain, blood, black specks, white substances in urine and an increased urge to go.

I'm now worried it could be kidney cancer as I have read recently in an article it can be misdiagnosed for months as bladder and UTI issues.

Having a dull pain my lower back also.

unsure_about_this
12-03-14, 17:09
Hi it good you are being checked out if you are concerned.

My advice is try not read those articles about being misdiagnosed I am very health anxiety and still I am - I use to spent a lot off time reading articles about various cancer people being misdiagnosed etc.

flossy74
12-03-14, 17:19
Hi
Just to offer a little reassurance, my urology consultant told me, when I was waiting for my kidney diagnosis that kidney cancer in young women is very rare. Even rarer in non smokers.
Hope that helps :)

GirlAfraid23
12-03-14, 17:41
Hi
Just to offer a little reassurance, my urology consultant told me, when I was waiting for my kidney diagnosis that kidney cancer in young women is very rare. Even rarer in non smokers.
Hope that helps :)

Thanks that is a reassurance. I'm 24 so I guess I'm in the young category. Still it's not completely unheard of :( I'm always worried about that small percentage.

sarahsarah
21-03-14, 17:08
Have you had your results?