PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Ats666
12-03-14, 18:48
Hi all I haven't been on the site for a while. 6 weeks ago my cousin unexpectedly passed away, I was delves rated, but despite this I have been coping well, thought I was getting there. Then last weeks palpitations increased again (had monitor last year and came back as having a few pvc's). Then today having twinges in the centre of chest lower down, and seems to hurt when I press there and ribs. So bang anxietys back and I feel scared again about my heart. I had also made the big step of not going to the gp for 5 weeks which is something I hadn't done in 18 months and I was really proud of myself now I feel a failure. I went to gp yesterday but for my skin problems. He did listen to my chest and said it was ok, sorry I rambling :( xx

SarahH
12-03-14, 19:07
Sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment......... it's understandable why your anxiety has come back....... but your heart is ok and the Dr has checked you out... you will be fine:)

Ats666
12-03-14, 21:17
Thanks for your reply, I'm just so fed up of being scared and being in this roller coaster x

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

How do people stop the negative thoughts in their tracks? I can feel them starting and I really don't want to start feeling like that again x

Button1
12-03-14, 21:23
I think the worst thing you can do is give in to the thoughts. When you sense something negative coming into your mind, immediately try and distract yourself. If I'm at home I jump up and reach for my keys and go for a drive or walk. Or i nake my friebd drag me to an exercise class. I'm forced to concentrate on something else. If I'm at work I get up and make tea for my team...by the time I've done my task, the panic has often subsided.

It doesn't always work but worth a try?

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through recently but if you're prone to anxiety it's no wonder its lurking again now. Go easy on yourself.

Ats666
12-03-14, 21:42
Thank you, I'm trying my hardest. I thought my thought process had adjusted since what has happened recently and I felt such relief, but maybe I have just been in a shocked state recently now I'm coming out of it???
I am trying distraction and I'm hoping going back to work tomorrow after my days off will help me, it usually does xx

Button1
12-03-14, 22:24
I'm sure you are but whilst you need to fight hard you also don't want to put yourself under too much pressure, you've been through alot.

I agree, going back to work could well be helpful. Anything to help refocus you...

Tanner40
12-03-14, 22:56
I don't try to distract myself from the negative thought. For me it seems to work to let the negative thought appear and then find the form of irrational thinking that it is. I, then, replace the irrational thought with a corresponding rational thought. Have you tried CBT? There is a great course online which is free. Perfect for getting rid of unwanted, negative, irrational thinking.