PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - any thoughts, experiences?

Dread Pirate Roberts
27-11-06, 18:12
Hi

I have just been switched to 50mg of Sertraline having been on 20mg of Citalopram for a few months. The citalopram really wasn't doing it so my doctor told me to try this one. I know 20mg of citalopram is a pretty standard dosage, I don't know what the norm is on these ones.

With the citalopram the first 4 weeks were a bit dicey and after about 3 it was pretty awful but it settled to an equilibrium some time after that. I wouldn't mind knowing if the sertraline are likely to have the same side effect issue.

I know nothing about these ones tho', any do's and don'ts, I'm guessing alcohol isn't advisable but I disregarded that now and again on the citalopram.

Oh and the doctor said that I can go straight from the citalopram to these ones.

any help and advice would be kindly appreciated.

/pete

"I'm Just A Symptom Of The Moral Decay That's Knawing Out The Heart Of The Country."

djm
28-11-06, 16:47
Hi

They are both SSRIs, so as far as I know, your doc's advise about going straight from one to the other is correct (I'm not a doc, but have heard this before though).

I have heard people saying about their experiences on Citalopram were not so great. I have taken Sertraline in the past and it helped me, I didn't really have side effects.

Different meds affect people in different ways though, but Sertraline was ok for me.

Dave