PDA

View Full Version : Constant Thought

Angxty
13-03-14, 02:09
Hi, hoping this is the right place for this.

It might sound odd (i'm new to this, not anxiety just trying to talk about it) but i can't stop my head from thinking. (typing that even sounds stupid :weep: )

I'm not talking stressing over things or going over and over over the same thought. Just constant thought over stupid things, pointless things. it's at its worst when i'm not doing something or when i'm trying to get to sleep or if i wake in the night, even when i'm watching tv or trying to read i'll totally lose track of what i'm doing and start thinking of some crap.

Does anyone else suffer from this? is it part of anxiety or something else entirely?

Any tips on how to shut my head up? :doh:

gregcool
13-03-14, 09:58
Sounds like Anxiety to me.lack of concentration..

Mrsh11
13-03-14, 16:07
I have the same problem, especially at night. I listen to audiobooks as it is hard to pay attention to my inner voice at the same time. My gp suggested relaxing music but it is too easy to think while listening to it. Hope you feel better soon x

Charlotteee89
13-03-14, 18:58
Oh my gosh this is EXACTLY me!

I could be watching something on t.v & suddenly I'll start over-thinking or obsessing over something that's mentioned on the t.v (normally something negative!) or I could start over-thinking about something random, out of the blue & start kinda freaking out about it. My anxiety is making me feel anxious over everything & anything at the moment. :wacko: It's the 'fight or flight' response that's got your mind & body in the constant alert state.

My inner voice gets on my damn nerves sometimes! I literally have to shout to myself (in my head that is..) SHUT UP! It's constantly churning over things, over-analyzing etc. It actually gives me a headache! :wacko:

Ryan92
13-03-14, 20:56
Hi Angxty, I have this problem too. I suffer from anxiety problems (I suffer from GAD) and I really struggle to concentrate on certain things like reading. If Im reading something and it is a very large amount of text, after a few lines I lose concentration and don't read the rest. Its as if my mind's telling me 'ok Im bored now and cant be bothered' even though I try to read sometimes. My other side of me or my 'self critical' self then gives unhelpful and criticising thoughts :weep:. One thing I learnt from cbt is when I have these self critical thoughts is to do something like a hobby etc to take my mind off of it and it helps me :D. Are you taking medication or receiving therapy ? Talk to your GP/doctor they'll understand and will refer you to be assessed to see what help is right for you :D. There always information online too http://www.innerhealthstudio.com/overcoming-anxiety.html :D

Angxty
13-03-14, 23:45
If Im reading something and it is a very large amount of text, after a few lines I lose concentration and don't read the rest. Its as if my mind's telling me 'ok Im bored now and cant be bothered' even though I try to read sometimes.

Aint that the bloody truth :roflmao:

Thanks for all the reply's. good to know its not just me :winks:

I've been on citalopram for years now which i'm sure has just made things worse as it tires me out making it worse. I had CBT for a while but that was a few years ago now, she got a new job and was never replaced.

Talking to my doctor is like talking to a brick wall at times plus getting to see him is becoming near impossible. Been looking into getting a new doctor but i'm in kind of a black spot for docs.