PDA

View Full Version : dvla medical

maximus1975
13-03-14, 10:45
well my friends I hope its going better for you than me,, well having bought my dream car driving round for 3 weeks sensibly not a beer in sight , I got totally blinded by the sun next thing you no im in hospital with severe concusion, wasn't speeding the policeman new that just couldn't see the corner , car rolled twice total right off , I managed to punch my way through the back window to get out by instinct ,I don't remember it at all then just collapsed in the middle of the rd the amount of money ive lost is a gut wrencher, but my main worry is this is gunna look great at my medical, iwasnt drowsy from my meds in fact I was driving far better than before I got banned, im gunna get a statement from the policeman who said I didn't have a chance. I now don't think ive got a hope in hell of passing the medical im devastated about the car, and I reckon I would have passed the medical easy now I cant see it , why cant I get a break in life the last 7 years have been a disaster, I was driving around under a tempory licence my anxiety is back in a big way im a bundle of nerves got loads of work waiting to me but cant get to it im totally broken

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

I have a past history of mental health problems sometimes very severe ,suicidal, ive been doing well for quite some time now but the stress of this dvla medical , not knowing if im gunna be able to keep my job, and the amount of money ive lost on the car, doing it up £1500 then I get a valuation of 1830before excess, I paid 2950 ,and only drove it 200 miles I just cant take no more obviously the insurance company have a book they stick to they don't care it only lady owner was in vgc and I mate it even better infact the day before the accident I spent 500 on a new windscreen and alloys, im starting to loose it again I can feel the darkside kicking in again, the my lifes shit when can I get a brake, my nan who im very close to hasn't got long to go now to top it of my mum didn't no this but last week, she started talking to me really quietly and was slurry like crazy I said jokingly come on then been on the wine at linch time she said no, took her drs ,then straight into hospital aged 54 there doing all sorts of tests, I cant even get over there coz I havnt got a car, im thinking of buying one but its a big risk considering ive got a medical soon , if I fail it that's more money down the drain my lifes a mess im turning work down left right and centre plus I can get to me part time job im sinking into depression I can feel it

vickyplum
28-04-14, 17:00
Hi hopeyou are well.did you have your medical? Im also due one and take diazepam so any info would be great? Thanks

rcs
30-04-14, 18:01
Be positive sometimes these medicals seem worse than they actually are. I have to go through a medical every year for my job and I always panic before hand and worry that they will sack me for being a nervous physical wreck but I get through them.
I had a car crash when I was 18 and was seriously injured and lost all my money as insurance was only third party, when I was better I had to cycle every where and ended up quite fit and healthy.
Try to imagine you are just visiting your GP and its all routine you are stronger than you realise and you will better soon like you were before.

Good Luck..