PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

anxious_thoughts
13-03-14, 21:55
I noticed last night after coming down the stairs and quickly walking around the corner and sitting down that I got quite light headed and dizzy. It seems like every time I walk in some sort of circle or half circle I get a dizzy sensation.

Now, it doesn't happen all the time but it does quite a bit. I don't understand how it could be anxiety related if it can happen at any moment. I got it last night and felt a bit dizzy/queezy for the rest of the night. :(

puzzledlass
13-03-14, 21:58
I get this quite a lot! Probably something with our ears and it effecting our balance. My stepson gets it a fair bit too.

anxious_thoughts
13-03-14, 21:59
Oh really? That's relieving haha. I notice it quite a bit when I go to the mall or something. Quite worrisome as I have brain tumour anxiety. But it definitely could be ear related. Thank you for the reply. :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
13-03-14, 22:04
Also, Jenn, remember that when it comes to all and any sensations people with anxiety (and maybe particularly HA) are overly sensitized, so you will notice, track, and feel things that the non-sensitized person would not. :)

anxious_thoughts
13-03-14, 22:10
Definitely wish I was a non-sensitized person right now, haha :P

KLP
13-03-14, 22:12
Hi jenn, I spun my son around once and thought I was going to fall over, quickly grabbed hold of the nearest wall for support and let the feeling go, took a little longer than than I wanted but it went. Wasn't too sure why I was so dizzy after one spin, still sensitive I suppose.

RoseEve
13-03-14, 22:22
I find that as I get older I get dizzier more easily. I just played ring around the Rosie with my kids and after one spin I thought I was going to fall. Kids can spin around a lot you know why? They aren't afraid of falling. We become more fearful as we get older. As TooMuch said people with anxiety are more sensitive to their bodies.

puzzledlass
13-03-14, 23:41
It's never bothered me, however it is a bit annoying! Sometimes I will just be standing still and feel dizzy all of a sudden, really light headed.

I think I'm just a dizzy person :D

anxious_thoughts
14-03-14, 02:20
Hi jenn, I spun my son around once and thought I was going to fall over, quickly grabbed hold of the nearest wall for support and let the feeling go, took a little longer than than I wanted but it went. Wasn't too sure why I was so dizzy after one spin, still sensitive I suppose.

Hello KLP :)
I really don't understand why some people get dizzier than others. I work at a restaurant part time. And I've noticed when I'm in a rush going back and forth I begin to get dizzy, really scares me! I don't ever fall from the dizziness, but it really feels like it's in my head, that's where the sensation is...not in my body...if you know what I mean... :P

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I find that as I get older I get dizzier more easily. I just played ring around the Rosie with my kids and after one spin I thought I was going to fall. Kids can spin around a lot you know why? They aren't afraid of falling. We become more fearful as we get older. As TooMuch said people with anxiety are more sensitive to their bodies.

Hi Rose :)
Thanks for always replying to me, seriously! Bless your heart, you're amazing. So caring!

You're so right about how kids can spin around a lot because they aren't fearful. Very true. I never felt dizzy before only recently. The thing with me is I tend to people watch and see them do the exact same things I do that make me dizzy but they don't seem like they're dizzy. So it worries me :(

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

It's never bothered me, however it is a bit annoying! Sometimes I will just be standing still and feel dizzy all of a sudden, really light headed.

I think I'm just a dizzy person :D

That's great that you don't let it bother you :yesyes:
I wish I was more like that, I sometimes get that sensation where I'm just standing there listening to someone talk and I'll get dizzy and light headed too. Can anxiety actually do this?! Crazy!