PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

mand
27-11-06, 19:53
Hi i am so glad i have found this site.
I have been suffering severe panic attacks for a few years now and the problem seems to be getting worse each day.

I have been to my doctors several times only they just hand me tablets and fob me off.

Just looking for friends that are going through what i am coz as you all know you cant talk to someone who has never experianced an attack.

Please please please get in touch

Thanks

Amanda

XXX

trac67
27-11-06, 19:56
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

feels_like_home
27-11-06, 21:04
Hi Amanda,

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I am here if you need to talk.

Michelle

vagabond
27-11-06, 21:54
Hi Amanda

Welcome to the site. I have suffered from panic attacks for the last 18 years. I have managed to deal with them until about 8 months ago when it turned into severe agoraphobia and depression.

I am slowly coming out of it again......I know i have to be patient.

One of the best things is that i have found so many good friends on this site. I hope you do too.

Regarding my doctor.......in the area i initially lived in....i got some help although i had to wait a while.

Since moving to where i am now...which was 7 years ago....i have been fobbed off over and over again.

So...i changed my doctor and went above their heads.....then went back to the doctors and said....look.........i know there is help for me...i am crying out for it....not for pity...but because i want to get well.

The good thing is..........tomorrow i have my first cbt session with the mental health trust.

So....stay in there Amanda.

Good Luck

90% of people know what to do - yet only 10% do what they know !

honeybee3939
27-11-06, 22:40
Hi Amanda

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help, your certainly not alone.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

LickeyEndBlues
28-11-06, 00:03
Hey Amanda,

Welcome to this fantasatic site. In NMP you will find loads of suport, advice and help.

As you will be discovering, you are not alone in here.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

manmoor
28-11-06, 06:09
Hi Amanda,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mooks
28-11-06, 09:00
hi amanda
welcome...sorry to hear things are bad...you'll realise your not alone and we all help each other
xx

libbie
28-11-06, 09:28
hi amanda. you ll make good friends on this site, dont be affraid to talk. p..m. people, they are only too willing to help, and sometimes, you help them

take care
libbie

sgp64
28-11-06, 09:35
Hi Amanda,

ditto all of the above comments. You've come to the right place and will find lots of good people here and lots of support.

Take care

Sean

kittykat
28-11-06, 14:41
Hi Amanda,
Welcome, and you'll find all the support that you need here, everyone is great.

Take care xx

sandlin
28-11-06, 15:12
Hi amanda

You've found agreat place - everyone friendly and helpful

Linda xxx

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:59
Hi Amanda

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel