PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to YouTube?

Catherine S
13-03-14, 23:35
I noticed today that YouTube has changed and it now seems to be difficult to access various links and videos. Anybody know the reason? Somebody said it was something to do with Google+ but not sure what that means. Any ideas? Thanks in anticipation :)

ISB

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 00:01
Not having any issues ISB...

Positive thoughts

KLP
14-03-14, 00:09
I thought the same tonight everything's gone private

Catherine S
14-03-14, 00:18
Its really strange KLP, and when I asked Google, there were lots of messages from angry people who can't use it as before...how sad :weep:

Is it different in the States then Fishman?

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 01:22
Don't know ISB... I can't imagine it's a different server or anything. Perhaps it's the content you're seeking? What were you trying to view? I tend to watch a lot of music, comedy, documentaries, fails etc. No problems that I ran into.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
14-03-14, 01:40
It was a link from my facebook page of a little 3yr old boy in the US trying to manipulate his mom because she refused to give him a cupcake before dinner. He was talking to her like an adult would "Listen, listen listen Linda, listen honey" He's obviously heard his dad talking this way to his mom, but so funny and gone viral. I was able to watch it earlier today but when trying to show my hubby the video this evening it was almost impossible. I went on to a website asking if anybody else had experienced problems and they all had over here and were really angry because there'd been no warning. It just looks so different, and you can't ask it for anything...there seems to no longer be a search bar! Really strange.

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 02:00
HA! I just watched that but it wasn't on Youtube... here's the link

http://kfor.com/2014/03/11/toddler-argues-with-mother-over-cupcakes-listen-listen-listen-linda/

It's hysterical!

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
14-03-14, 02:20
Yay, just managed to watch it through that link, thanks. I could watch it forever hahaha! Its fab :D

Magic
14-03-14, 16:08
I have tears running down my face. With laughter. Watching that little boy.
Thank you for cheering me up!:hugs:x

Rennie1989
16-03-14, 10:10
I know Google bought YouTube years ago but I think they've recently updated their sites (whether the server was involved in this or not I'm not sure). I don't use YouTube on my netbook because it can't process it but on my phone it works fine, but that's a different server.

The only remedy I can offer is to search the name of the video on YouTube if the link doesn't work.

t0rt01se36
16-03-14, 10:18
I wondered why the youtube vid didn't automatically play, like it normally does, on the homepage of a music stats website.

Magic
16-03-14, 10:44
Updates are a pain. I have been doing things ok---then it says it's updating. Switch it back on and all goes wrong. Seems to me that you have to pay for things you had for free.x

LucyR
16-03-14, 11:29
I cannot get it to work well either, says its something wrong with my flashplayer.

Magic
16-03-14, 14:12
I get into utube from things I have saved in favourites.
Otherwise I think you have to sign in from Google with a password and a mobile telephone number. I worked it out on Friday after I had updated Silverlight.
may be this is not the answer I am not computer minded.
Sorry, it's trial and error I'm afraid xxx

HalfJack
22-03-14, 04:39
It's been working fine for me... now I'm worried :P